IGNORED

Legalized pot. For it or against it?

Ventureless

Guest tx2sturgis

I wish I would have invested in bitcoins...wowsers....

Worth less than nothing in 2010 and now worth over $900... each!

That would buy a LOT of legal pot!

:happy34:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I would have invested in bitcoins...wowsers....

Worth less than nothing in 2010 and now worth over $900... each!

That would buy a LOT of legal pot!

:happy34:

I don't really know so much about bitcoins but at one time you could "mine" them which is a lot of computer calculations to determine the particulars of one. I read a story about a guy who threw out a laptop hard drive with $8 million in bitcoins on it.

Here's the link:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site

No don't make it legal it is a drug that chemically alters one brain and can and many times does leads to other even more dangerous drug addictions. I am also a product of the sixties and was expose to the drug scene. And so many of my friends got hooked on much harsher drugs than marijuana, but they all started with the marijuana scene. Just saying.....And much more than that I believe God would not approve of this choice.:no-no-no:

"Marijuana has caused a lot of controversy the past few weeks after it has been legalized in Colorado and Washington. There have been 59 reported deaths in both states due to marijuana overdoses. FBI agent Ronald McGuire says “I know mary jane is some good sh*t but you have to learn to control it”. It is not yet known how much marijuana the individuals consumed. Reporters are telling us that most of the individuals who died were cremated and had so much marijuana in there system that funeral home workers and crematorium workers were all “Blazed as f*” while the cremations were happening and even reported to be high even after 5 days. Reporters are also saying that the families of the deceased also smoked their ashes and got “extremely high” and the ashes are now being classified as a type of marijuana called “Super OG death grip k*sh” and can only be found in the ashes of people who died on marijuana overdoses.

The names of the 59 victims, ranging from 14-58 years of age, have not been revealed and will most likely not be revealed. Colorado and Washington are also considering making marijuana illegal now because of the deaths."

http://huzlers.com/59-people-die-of-marijuana-overdose-in-colorado-and-washington/

:whistling:

It is still illegal as far as the Feds are concerned.

If you hold a Govt. Clearance and use it, even in a "legal" state or with a "medical" card, you will most likely lose your clearance on your PR or SSBI. If you use it and try to get a clearance, chances are, you won't, or at least not with out a whole lot of grief.

"Marijuana has caused a lot of controversy the past few weeks after it has been legalized in Colorado and Washington. There have been 59 reported deaths in both states due to marijuana overdoses. FBI agent Ronald McGuire says “I know mary jane is some good sh*t but you have to learn to control it”. It is not yet known how much marijuana the individuals consumed. Reporters are telling us that most of the individuals who died were cremated and had so much marijuana in there system that funeral home workers and crematorium workers were all “Blazed as f*” while the cremations were happening and even reported to be high even after 5 days. Reporters are also saying that the families of the deceased also smoked their ashes and got “extremely high” and the ashes are now being classified as a type of marijuana called “Super OG death grip k*sh” and can only be found in the ashes of people who died on marijuana overdoses.

The names of the 59 victims, ranging from 14-58 years of age, have not been revealed and will most likely not be revealed. Colorado and Washington are also considering making marijuana illegal now because of the deaths."

http://huzlers.com/59-people-die-of-marijuana-overdose-in-colorado-and-washington/

:whistling:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OK. It's in writing, so it must be true.......

:15_8_211[1]:

• 1 month later...

I'm for legalizing all drugs, prostitution and anything else that a person only hurts themselves. When you prohibit anything by law you don't prevent it and you make a lot of really bad people tons of money. You also cause violence because a person in an illegal venture can't call the police to protect his interest, he therefore has to use violence to do so.

About 5000 people a year die from drug overdoses, if it were legal that might even go down due to more reputable people being involved in the manufacturing of it, but it certainly wouldn't cause overdoses to go up. I don't reframe from smoking crack because it's the law, I do reframe from doing so because it's a dumb idea and I don't smoke weed because of my job, not because of the law. However, 15,000 Americans are murdered a year producing, importing and distributing illegal drugs, that number would almost certainly take a drastic cut.

Also, a credible argument can be made that cocaine would not even have caught on had the government not cracked down on weed, and crack and meth may have never even been invented had the government not cracked down on cocaine.

I tend to agree Jonathan. But......

Maybe vices should be legalized and taxed and the taxes applied toward educational efforts to help get people to resist becoming habitual users, or even never to try anything. That is what the worry is after all, that if the drugs were all legal then more people with a drug problem would appear and it can't be guaranteed that it won't happen that way. Look at Krocodil in Russia. Everyone knows someone whose body parts are dropping off but yet somehow new people are starting on their own personal tour of hell everyday.

Crack may never have been synthesized but meth has been around since 1893 and was once more or less widely available. Cocaine was first extracted from coca in 1859 and synthesized in 1898.

One mistake that does occur when government legalizes a substance in order to combat the criminal trade in that substance is to cause a higher pricing structure for the version that is available through legal channels. This allows for profits to still be obtained from the illegal trafficking, which become more difficult to police because of the legal version. This is a mistake that Colorado is currently making by having set the price for sale of legal marijuana as high as it is. There is plenty of incentive still for illegal providers to stay in business selling at bargain rates.

Just another way of the demoraliization of our country. Just another one of those gray areas that will slowly bring down our great society. If you think that legalizing will keep the mafia and cartels out your living in a dream world,that's exactly what they want, now they a legal avenue to move as much as they want with no recourse. By saying each to his own as long as it doesn't effect me is like sticking your head in the sand because it eventually will. Jmho

Edited by Raider58

I wouldn't share links like HUZLER - experience shows that some people will actually believe that nonsense and re-quote it until it starts to seem plausible. You can bet some people will be sharing it on Facebook and it will appear in chain emails.

I've never tried marijuana/cannabis, even though everyone assumes that I have because I've long hair and a beard. For me, I wasn't sure that I would justify not trying other drugs if I tried weed - and I knew of others taking a range of non-prescription drugs. Except alcohol of course, because to me beer was something I'd grown up with. On the other hand, I never thought that weed was a gateway to other drugs for other people. This is an open forum and my identity can easily be worked out, so I'm not going to mention who I might have known over the years, but generally people who smoked blow carried on smoking blow and moved on to nothing else, while still achieving well in their careers, while those who took other drugs were more likely to drop back to 'just' weed. I don't know anybody now that regularly takes amphetamines, cocaine, LSD or even Ecstacy anymore (or charlie, whizz/speed or acid as they'd be called).

In the past some people went straight to heroin (smack), ketamine (still about) or glue sniffing, depending on what was prevalent where they lived and cannabis wasn't necessarily part of it. Unfortunately Darwinism has removed many of those from our company. I've no objection to the sale of those being criminal offences, but I do have a problem with people who have done nothing to others finding their lives and careers suddenly come to a halt because they have made choices that someone else has arbitrarily decided are wrong.

The one place where this seems to be an issue is where teens and pre-teens get hold of any drugs and go completely off the rails. What I don't know (and what can't be researched while it is illegal) is how much these kids take drugs as a part of their rebellion to show their rejection of their family's and school's values and how much the drugs skew their judgement and values.

Setting age limits would not stop teenagers getting hold of drugs, but making an adult a criminal without good reason is wrong. If it had any effect, I'd err on the side of protecting the kids, but criminalising soft drugs just makes them seem more 'bad boy' and attractive for (certain) kids to try out, so on balance I have to say decriminalise and allow responsible use without people worrying about the police (which would help their relations with the public too.)

I still won't try myself, though.

As most know ,Holland has allowed legalized pot for many years, yet about five years back, I read an article, were Holland is rethinking its decision, to legalize it because the government, is beginning to feel that the free use of it seems to be having a negative effect on the people.

Against legalizing it. Plenty of research says it dumbs you down with continued use.

Good reason they call it 'dope'!

Don't think we will stop it though. The US is on the way down anyway.

Anyone who says they smoke all the time and it doesn't affect them is fooling themselves.

How would you know it doesn't in 10 years? YOU wouldn't see it!

As far as tax revenue increases, YA, that's why we should legalize it. They always need more of our tax dollars!

It is simply amazing what people...

Say

KNOW

HEARD

SAW

WERE BRAIN WASHED

THINK

just amazing - when it is legal, I wonder how many sharp smart thinkers will come forward & say I did it many times & still have a brain that can run rings around the alcohol drinkers.

It certainly is an amazing time to be alive, with a sharp mind. The future will tell how well everyone KNOWS.

Expectations were met for this topic - GRIN

JB

Well look at what happened when they brought in prohibition. Everyday street thugs became rich millionaires by supplying the demand for illegal booze. Then they repealed prohibition and guess what it put an end to the demand and most of the booze lords disappeared those that didn't moved on to selling drugs and other means to make there money.

Well legalizing drugs is not going to stop its abuse BUT it will put an end to those who deal in drugs strictly to make there fortunes just like it did the bootleggers. Tax it but not so heavily to make it cheaper to buy from the dealers. At least with taxing it you now have the funds to pay for the looking after the users which are now sucking money out of the taxes we pay.

Right now the cartels have a monopoly on the drug trade. Well take that away from them. And like I said use the money to treat the addicts and educate. Education with undisputed fact not fear mongering and false claims. When you do that and proved wrong everything else you say is questionable. And face the fact that like booze soft drugs have a different affect on different people. Some WILL go on to harder drugs but most won't just like not all social drinkers become alcoholics.

Our provincial government took oxicotin off the market due to its abuse. Well all they did was punish those who legitimately need it to control sever pain. And they created a huge money maker for the drug dealer. Those who are abusing the drug where buying it for $5 tablet before the government stepped in now they are selling it for $100 to $150 a tablet. The only people they are helping are the drug dealers the government is making them rich. And it is now coming in from other provinces and now more drug stores are being robbed by addicts looking for it. Ya the government is really winning the war on drugs. What a load of bull$#t!!!!!!

No one can legislate stupidity out of existence. Laws didn't work to stop people from drinking booze and it wont work on drugs. LEGALIZE IT, TAX IT, JUST LIKE BOOZE AND CIGARETS AND MOVE TO THINGS WE CAN CONTROL!!!!!

I'm really sick of self-riches people who think that the world is black and white. Well it aint!!!! Deal with it!!! That's all I have to say on the subject. And if I upset anyone TO BAD!!! :backinmyday:

If you think that legalizing will keep the mafia and cartels out your living in a dream world,that's exactly what they want, now they a legal avenue to move as much as they want with no recourse. By saying each to his own as long as it doesn't effect me is like sticking your head in the sand because it eventually will. Jmho

We've been through this before, the mafia went from a small band of hudlums to multi-million dollar organizations when booze was outlawed. Today, some 80 years after booze was made legal again the mafia doesn't have their fingers in it.

Even it we except your premise, that a drug cartel, runner or dealer would keep their operations going when it's legal. I ruthless businessman running a legal operation has too much to loose by murdering rivals or poisoning his product.

Get a room full of high school or college students together and ask in general if it's easier for them to get illegal drugs or booze & prescription pills, the answer will almost always be it's easier to get illegal drugs, and that's because criminal enterprises tend to not have standards because they don't fear having everything they have taken away by the law.

Edited by Jonathan70363

During prohibition, folks made illegal "Bathtub gin".... and many died or went blind! Tried pot in college; had enough trouble handling life straight!!!

Let's legalize it and let the government regulate it. Beats the way it is now....just this ol' guitar player's opinion................Peace, my brothers...........:backinmyday:

"Life's just a highway...let's ride it all night long!"

I am EXTREMELY liberty minded, and government should not be putting people in jail for that kind of choice. If they are not hurting someone else, or the property belonging to someone else, the government has no business in an individual's business.

With that said, responsibility is an important part of liberty. If you makes the choices, you pays the price...don't come whining to government for help getting off that crap either.