IGNORED

What are best prices for mono shock on my 2004 RSV?

For completeness' sake, people may want to note the OEM shock comes in two versions which are interchangeable (they switched from 4XY-22210-00-00 to 4XY-22210-10-00 in model year 2005).

The later one (presumably better since the design and part got changed) sells for $442.78 (with free lower-48 delivery) at Partzilla or same price with $23.5 lower-48 delivery at PartShark.

Disclaimer: I do not work for either of the two companies above, nor do I receive any benefits of any kind for any sale they make. I only wrote this because the total amount was lower than the $600 quoted by previous posters and I thought some people might want to know there's alternatives. Also, the last time I checked, the Hagon shock absorber did not have air-adjustment like the OEM one.

Yes, the Hagon shock is not air assisted...only gas over oil. it comes with an adjustment tool however I mostly ride one-up (wife rides less than 5%). I put 68,000 miles on the original shock but it has been dripping for maybe the last 5,000 and finally pooped out. I don't like scraping my Bub mufflers on the pavement! This is supposed to be the last shock I'll ever have to buy. When this one wears out I ship to Hagon in CA and they said they don't actually rebuild them as it is more cost effective to put my spring on a new shock and send it back to me....cost = $150. I will set it for a medium ride then if I ever pull a trailer I would tighten it up a bit. Thanks again for all the input.

I also just put on a Hagon HD. Great ride, and I hadn't realized how much I had been adjusting my riding for the worn out stock shock. Hagon is rebuidable for $150 right now. Of course that can change at any time.

I have put 300 miles on my Hagon shock. It is like a new bike.....maybe better. The shock is quiet and hides the bumps on the road. I am very impressed. I also made new dogbones too raise the rear of the bike back to stock height as it had a lowering kit on it. I made the dogbones for $5.00. What an improved ride. Riding one-up or two-up makes no difference. I do not need the air assist like the stock one.