IGNORED

1984 ventrue royale has mysterious horn

Hello, New member here. I have an 84 venture royal that started having a problem that has me baffled. Hoping someone can help. I get a "horn" sound from my bike as i accelerate sometimes. It started out very infrequent but has been sounding more often lately. It starts out at a low volume and gets louder, based on the acceleration and deceleration of the bike. It usually stops after one sequence of speeding up and slowing down.

I have disconnected the power to my horns and it still happens. I have found no reference in my tech manuals for any other warning sounding device on the bike. Help, please anyone.

Merry Christmas to all

Update

Ok, got the cluster out, where/how do i lube the speedo? do i need to take the cluster apart or can lube be squirted into the cable entrance? What type/grade of grease is required? Where did you guys obtain this knowledge, trial/error? I want to learn as much on this as i can. I know I am losing 2nd gear, slippage is increasing in frequency. Any advice in this issue.

thanks for any possible help.

Update-Fixed It.

any help on references for fixing 2nd gear slippage would be appreciated, Im at 59,657 mileage and it slips more each day its ridden.

jim

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/cool10.gif

thanks

Edited by sebringjim
update info

Until you get it greesed up inside the Instrument panel, ( pull out the headlight for access ) you can disconnect it at the front axel, and pull out the Inner cable.

This will stop any more damage to the speedo unit itself, untill you get in there and lube

the input bushing at the speedo unit itself

Until you get it greesed up inside the Instrument panel, ( pull out the headlight for access ) you can disconnect it at the front axel, and pull out the Inner cable.

This will stop any more damage to the speedo unit itself, untill you get in there and lube

the input bushing at the speedo unit itself

Yep what has been said...your speedo cable. Pull the cable until you grease it. There is a custom made grease fitting I can look for mine and you can borrow it and send it back, but I recommend you grease it from the inside first like I did.