IGNORED

Oh Boy! Another ride in the ambulance!

Galapagos

Walked into Tim's office at work two weeks ago and sat down. Told him he better call me an ambulance. Two Ton Tony was sitting on my chest and I could not get a breath. Its funny in retrospect to watch people run from one side of the room to the other and keep telling you the ambulance is on the way. I think he was more nervous than I was. But I had four nitros in me by then. Off we go to emergency. Fooled around there for six hours and they sent me home. Two days later I am having another heart catherization. Third one for me at 57 years old. Gotta thank my folks for those genes. Oh well you play the cards you are dealt. Doc went in and then the circus began. My aorta decided to spring a leak at the cath. I was under Twilight and could tell something was not right. The two doctors were running around more than Tim at the office when he was waiting for the ambulance. They finally got me sealed up and checked my stints. They looked good. That was a relief. Doctors advice, lose 40 pounds, cut your cholesterol in half and get a less stressful job. Gee, that's all I have to do? Must be the tension getting to me from putting the RSTD away for the winter. Feeling better though.

Not a good feeling when you don't feel good, went thur it over the spring and summer this year myself. Needed a new pacemaker to replace the one I had for 15 years. After 3 operations it finally got replaced, quit smoking 8 mos. now , now got to exercise some and I'll be getting better yet. Makes one respect those drs. and nurses and the job they do. good luck

I am teaching myself to relax. I am a former LEO and firefighter. Now I have 13 union techs to manage at a Mack dealership. I have to learn how to chill a type A personality. A month ago the doc gave me a scrip for Vascepa. My cholesterol was 330 and dropped to 156. Pretty amazing. Thats not eating any meat though. Just fish and chicken with veggies. Trying to exercise the mutts more also with walks. Lost 12 pounds so it must be working. Thanks for the support.

Glad you are still here to tell us about it. Good luck with diet. I HATE THAT WORD!!! Ain't been hitting on all cylinders myself lately but you know some things run pretty good on 3 just no get up and go.... This growing up crap ain't no fun!! I'm gonna refuse. Exercise!! I'm a fine one to be saying that right now but it is important!! Do what the Docs will let you but it helps to keep things working. AFTER THE DOCS CLEAR YOU TO DO IT!!Hang in there.

WOW,, M-o-S,, dont do that - just reading this makes my heart jump!! I am sooo flippin in tune with you about the type "A" comment and the doctors comment about controlling stress.. In my younger days I was a Plant Manager in a Union shop, my nerves got to the point that even a telephone ringing would make my heart jump - weird eay.. Anyway, one time while talking to my doctor he says that 90 percent of my health problems were stress related and time to find a new line of work.. I said, come on doc, how can that be.. He said that I had symptoms that parelleled Post Tramatic Stress stuff.. I actually laughed and he balled me out.. I left Management and went into my own business,, yep, out of the frying pan and into the fire hahaha..

Sometimes I wonder if the indians didnt have it right,,, but than again, I highly doubt having a mountain lion suddenly attack ya while your going potty sounds any less stressful..

You have my prayers partner in your endeavor to good health. Sounds like excellent advice in listening carefully to the doctors but I agree with you in your comment about "thats all I have to do.." - I totally get it.. :confused24:

Puc