IGNORED

Another alternative for a different bike ?

mabeline

Anybody ever given any thought when looking for another bike, at buying a Stratoliner or Roadliner? Took one for a test ride the other day, that 1900 cc twin has some real jam.

I know they don't have all the bells and whistles that some of the others have. But there's a lot accessory co. that make a lot of stuff for them.

The bike fits my 6' 6" frame quite well. The only problem I would have is the wide low bars cause a problem in a parking lot situation. But I think a set of risers would cure that problem.

I like Gold Wings, but I don't have any leg room. I also like Harleys but i have few reasons for not buying one of them right now.

Mabeline

I have been pleasantly surprised a tho much I enjoy my 08 Road Star. I have had both the RSV and Tour Deluxe loving them both. The Road Star is more agile in town but takes to the highway great. Windshield lowers are a must to get past buffeting. No cassette player or cruise but I use a throttle lock. With a bit of searching you can pick them up at a very reasonable price.

Funny you should ask, a few weeks back when we had Biketoberfest here in Daytona, I purposely rode the Stratoliner Deluxe and the 1300 V-Star Deluxe to compare them to each other and to my Venture. Neither one compares to the Venture by any means, but I actually preferred the 1300 V-Star over the Stratoliner, the Strat has lots of grunt, but the 1300 just fit me better and really is no slouch.

Not considering either of them at the moment, but if I needed to replace the Venture I could consider either of them.

I'm like the rest of you, not looking to replace the RSV. But some times something new is nice. I've got mine set up way to comfortable to send it down the road.

I don't think I could do without cruise any more either. I read on the Strat forum that there's a couple of co. that are making a cruise that will fit the Liners, with some good reviews.

I was thinking of buying a low mileage Liner and adding all the goodies (fairing, lowers, saddlebags, trunk, maybe dual exhaust, cruise, etc ). But if you buy all that new you're looking over $5000:mo money:. Might as well almost go buy one from factory. This would make a great winter project. Buuutt ??!!

Like Phoneman I consider the lack of stuff on the Strat a deal killer. Maybe Yamaha will build a touring Stratoliner and then I may be interested.

:farmer:

Yamaha has some really good platforms to work with IMO. But we've beaten that horse with a stick to many times !!