IGNORED

Have you added the Harley taillights?

If you have when was the last time you checked how secure they were?

While washing the bike today I found my Harley tailights very loose. Took them off to investigate and found the two small bolts that secure the mount for the license plate holder were loose.

Removed them and reinstalled with a bit of blue loctite, checked all of the other associated hardware while I was in there , good to go.

So if you have not checked your Harley lights for a while, go out and give them a shake to make sure those parts are not teaching your Yamaha some bad habits. :rotf:

If you have when was the last time you checked how secure they were?

While washing the bike today I found my Harley tailights very loose. Took them off to investigate and found the two small bolts that secure the mount for the license plate holder were loose.

Removed them and reinstalled with a bit of blue loctite, checked all of the other associated hardware while I was in there , good to go.

So if you have not checked your Harley lights for a while, go out and give them a shake to make sure those parts are not teaching your Yamaha some bad habits. :rotf:

Steve, what's the official name of that light assembly, and do you have a pic laying around you could post??

Part or model number please.

Mike

68230-97B CHROME LICENSE PLATE/LIGHT KIT

68230-97A CHROME LICENSE PLATE/LIGHT KIT

68230-97 CHROME LICENSE PLATE/LIGHT KIT

68230-88B CHROME LICENCE PLATE/LIGHT KIT

68230-88A CHROME LICENCE PLATE/LIGHT KIT

I just found the other no's. it looks like the rounder style are the 88's

Edited by Condor

You only need load resistors for LEDs if you are replacing regular incandesent bulbs in the turn signals with LEDs. For tail lights and brake lights no load resistors sre needed.

The load resistors are used to make the turn signals flash at the correct speed, LEDs take less current to operate than the incandesent, so they cause the flasher to operate faster that normal, the added resistance of the load resistors fools the flasher into thinking that the incandesent bulbs are installed, so they flash at the correct speed.