IGNORED

Tank Adhesive

pick

Clean tank and inside of trim with alcohol rag, let dry an put a few dabs of 3M decal adhesive (inside trim) every inch or so. then take masking tape an tape trim to tank. Let it sit about an hour.

I've fixed everything from decals on my RM 250, to rubber gaskets on signal lights to window shade on the car, it's good stuff.

07 Midnight Venture. The two "rubber" trim strips that cover the flange around both sides of the tank has come loose. Will any automotive adhesive work?

Pick,

Any auto store sells trim auto trim glue. It will hold those rubber strips on the tank. If you choose this method, I would place a dab of glue about every 1 1/2 to 2 inches "max" distance from each other the length of the rubber strip. You do not need a bead of adhesive the entire length of the strip.

Also, if you want a chrome edge on the tank, as mentioned above, any auto stores sells the chrome door edging. This is what I used on my 05. You cut it to length and press it on for it has its own adhesive. You can heat the plastic chrome strip just a smidgen on the "adhesive side" with a hair dryer to activate the adhesive, but do not heat it to much or you will melt the chrome plastic.

Good luck my friend!

Eck

Edited by Eck

07 Midnight Venture. The two "rubber" trim strips that cover the flange around both sides of the tank has come loose. Will any automotive adhesive work?

Contact Cement. Available at Home Depot in a small bottle with applicator. Or at auto parts stores in a small tube. It is an instant fix.

Mike