IGNORED

My wreck is being auctioned

Prairiehammer

Anybody that is interested:

http://www.crashedtoys.com/Inventory.aspx?InventoryID=1170390&secid=26&trc=225&ai=&rn=&vt=21&st=OH&fa=&ad=&ati=&pd=&sc=&mk=&mdl=&yf=1990&yt=&mz=&z=&pg=2&tpg=&rcppg=20&vtg=&fts=&so=5&bn=0#9aef6cbed1094886a3c97ae5fce65ee6

Look at all the pictures...there isn't much salvageable, but the drivetrain.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Kevin,

Oh that it heartbreaking to see man.

quick question...

On the handlebars, are those aluminum posts holding the grips for GPS or phone brackets?

If so where did you get them?

Man those look good on there too, why could you not get them off of there to reuse.

Man those look good on there too, why could you not get them off of there to reuse.

When I visited the bike the day after the accident, I tried to remove them, but they were too tight for me to take off with my bare hands. I didn't have any tools and at the time, I was planning to haul the rig back to Illinois. But then the insurance company intervened and denied that possibility and then the time to head home for work on Monday and the towing yard was closed on Saturday and we had to get on the road and...

So there they stayed.

Good running engine maybe...

Looks like the trailer goes with it.

Yep, it ran good. I even started it in the towing impound yard, while inspecting the crash damage.

The trailer LOOKS repairable, but the insurance adjuster claimed the frame was bent. I dunno. And apparently, someone stole the brand new LED tailights I had installed before our trip. They are not on the trailer any longer.:confused24:

Yep, it ran good. I even started it in the towing impound yard, while inspecting the crash damage.

The trailer LOOKS repairable, but the insurance adjuster claimed the frame was bent. I dunno. And apparently, someone stole the brand new LED tailights I had installed before our trip. They are not on the trailer any longer.:confused24:

Tongue is bent, I can see that, not so bad it can't be pulled back though. I may jump in there on it just for that and the hitch. I bought a hitch and tried putting it on, it was really too short. Would fit right up against the wheel almost. I would have to lose the bags and bag mounts for it to fit even then though

Tongue is bent, I can see that, not so bad it can't be pulled back though. I may jump in there on it just for that and the hitch. I bought a hitch and tried putting it on, it was really too short. Would fit right up against the wheel almost. I would have to lose the bags and bag mounts for it to fit even then though

Bob, that is a swivel hitch that you see bent on the trailer. One and eighth inch solid bar bent.

As for the hitch on the bike, note that it is broken where the chrome part meets the main hitch support. The saddlebag guard is broken clean off the right side, so I'm not sure about the Markland hitch frame work as it bolts to the saddlebag guard.

As I said, there is hardly any thing not damaged.

Yes, they are hard to imagine what a tumble he took while that was flopping around behind him.

Actually, Debbie and I were flopping around behind the bike as it did it's gymnastics in front of us on it's way to the median.

I'm not certain what gyrations were taking place with the bike, but it was sliding backwards somewhere along the line (the exhaust pipes packed with hard dry dirt and note the antennae bent forward) and the trailer smashed into the trunk while at a ninety degree angle to the trunk. Some of the trailer paint is transferred to the trunk lid.

If it had just continued to slide on it's left side it wouldn't have been so bad, but it started flipping and the trailer apparently jackknifed and flipped and those actions caused the most damage.

It must of have been a sight watching that rig tumbling through the dust cloud.

Edited by Prairiehammer

If you think the pictures are hard to look at, imagine my sick stomach when I rode by and saw it in the median. At that time I didn't know it was "one of us". Just new it was a Venture. And that was kind of hard to tell.

If anyone buys it I'm interested in the TCM or ignition module. I'd bid on the whole thing but its too far from me.

Roy

661-874-9164

Roy, there is no TCI remaining with the bike. I had installed an Ignitech TCI and mounted it to the airbox with Velcro. In my regrettably short visit to the bike the day after the accident, I grabbed it and other things I could easily salvage. I wish I could have recovered more, but time was short, I had no tools and I thought at the time, that I was going to be able to rent a truck and haul the entire rig back to Illinois. Alas, that idea was dashed by the combination of not being able to rent a truck one way to Illinois and then by the insurance company's refusal to allow the wreck to leave the towing impound until they had adjusted it.

FYI to any one thinking of bidding on the bike and trailer: Progressive offered to sell the entire rig (motorcycle and trailer) back to me for $700.

I almost bit on that, until I started calculating expenses to go there and back ($350-$400). I ultimately decided to pass. Progressive paid me $7115 minus the $250 deductible for the bike and trailer. Since I only paid $5000 for the whole rig in 2002, I figured I got my money out of it.