IGNORED

1992 Yamaha Virago 1100

Pam

Russell Scan and email would be great and I can print here,

Dan As Russell says I am from north of the tree line, so I recognize those ebay carbs from a twin cylinder snow mobile. They are so easy to deal with, I just hope those virago carbs are easy. I am betting most of the battle will be getting them onto the bench

Pam,

We had a 96 750 Virago yes the toughest part was getting the carbs off, if I recall we had to grind down a wrench to get one of the nuts off that hold the carbs to the engine. After that not too much of a biggie working on them.

Mike.

Russell Scan and email would be great and I can print here,

Dan As Russell says I am from north of the tree line, so I recognize those ebay carbs from a twin cylinder snow mobile. They are so easy to deal with, I just hope those virago carbs are easy. I am betting most of the battle will be getting them onto the bench

Well hopefully everything went out. Let me know if you don't get them.

:15_8_211[1]:

Thanks guys for all the info, Can't wait to get at this time and weather permitting. 0c or 32f here this morning so if nothing else I am going to have some good reading because I don't have a heated shop. Might have to make a color change. The purplish black needs an up date I think and now is a good time.

Russ I got the emails. Looks good now just to get at it

:301:

Well it progresses. Carbs came off, that was a treat, When I opened them up they were clean. The bowels were spotless and all jets seemed clear. Wone the fight to get them back on, and cleaned up the reserve tank. It was about 1/4 full of junk. Everything back together put fuel into the reserve tank only because the other tank is off. Cleaned all the lines filter is Ok. Fuel pump cycles and the carb bowels fill. She fires but will not run, Dump a little gas in the cylinders and she fires until the fuel burns out. Plugs are dry when I take them out despite the choke being on. Looks like the carb fight is on again, unless I an missing something. Any suggestions,

I have over hauled lots of theses mukuni carbs off snow mobiles and have not had this issue. Does the main tank have to be on?? :confused24:

I'm going to tell her you sent the socks for her!........ Because you care and then I'm going to load her on a bus with a one way ticket to YOUR house!!!!!!:dancefool:

You know, we are a very friendly bunch of folks down here in Texas. We will take her in, give her some good southern hospitality, tell her all sorts of stories about, none being true of course and get her so mad at you she'll come back north and beat the tar out of you!

Are you really sure you want to do that :confused24:

BTW: Sorry to somewhat hijack your thread Pam :hijacked:

The main tank doesn't have to be on the bike for it to run. The main tank drains into the reserve tank. The fuel pump draws out of the reserve tank at all times. The fuel level sender in the main tank shuts off the pump relay when the fuel level in the main tank gets too low. When you switch over to reserve on the handlebar switch, all you are actually doing is bypassing the pump relay and turning the pump back on.

It lives, Done a little more checking today and the starter plungers (choke) weren't opening all the way. Got them working and she fires up and would only run with the choke on. lots of smoke but I have a pretty heavy dose of sea foam in the gas. Does not seem to want to idle but does rev pretty good. I didn't get a chance to check the idle adjustment. The float bowel are pretty much right up to gasket joint of the bowel it's self. Is there anything else I should be looking at with respect to the idle? Still have to change the final drive fluid and fork seals as well as the brake fluid. Wish I had a battery to ride this thing and make it work a bit.