IGNORED

Kill Two, Pay $65

Ferrantelli

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate it when i make an error in judgement and penalize my self mentally for doing it. i hope i never make that ultmate mistake that results in someone being hurt or killed, but no one can make that garrantee cuz we are in the end ,still human. the best thing we can do is try hard to drive carefully, obey the law, and try hard not to make that ultimate mistake. :depressed: :)

Right there with ya Bill!! :backinmyday:

If you kill or maim someone due to your inattention, you need to be punished the same way you would punish a child for doing something wrong. It's the same concept, you are solely responsible for your actions....that has seemed to gotten lost in the last 30 years or so with life on this planet.

I can damn sure tell you that the mindset would be different if someone they loved were put into the equasion.

Now I'm off my soapbox.

I just finished reading thru this entire thread and found it VERY interesting, to say the least!!

I pulled the above quotes because, IMHO, they both lead into what I believe to be some root causes of the reasons for threads like this.. The following is just a pin prick of these root causes - IMHO:

When I was a child we were taught, and punished if we didnt obey, some really "different" rules.. Stuff like addressing an adult by "Mr" or "Mrs", a Minister was referred to as Pastor and so on.. It was such a major part of growing up that, to this day, I still refer to some friends parents I grew up with as Mr. and Mrs. Curtis.. Makes me queezy inside to even think of referring to them as "Bill" and "Maude" - bluntly, I CANT..

Its interesting (in a sad kind of way - TO ME) that I can count on 1 hand the amount of times Tippy and I have been introduced to children by their parents as "Mr. and Mrs." in the last 20 years. Its normal and accepted in our society to be introduced to children by our first names and its now the "norm" for children to address adults the same way..

Sooo, WHAT THE HECK HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING? My heart tells me that this change, over time, has had a deminishing affect on respect for authority, respect for other people and ultimately, respect for ones self..

This is gonna sound nuts but,, I honestly think that, in the end, its tiny little losses of "respect" that somehow are tied directly to what we see going on everyday, all around us in the attitude we have toward one another... Weird eay...

I promise you that if I can get you down here, I will introduce you to my kids and grandkids as "Mr. Puc". :backinmyday:

RandyA

Mouthful there Puc. Working with the poor misguided children that I did this strikes me as pretty close. Murder because they burnt the biscuits?? Baby wouldn't shut up? Cause you didn't like their looks?? Rape because they had a tight shirt on?? Robbery because you wanted (not needed) a new pair of shoes? All excuses I have heard. And respect is a 2 way street. If you give none you can expect none. But must be given as deserved.... Deep ain't it??:think:

Did some research and the incident referred to happened in 2007 which, of course, doesn't change anything. Just to balance the scales, here's another one from Iowa in 2011:

Man who killed 4 motorcyclists sentenced to 50 years

http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/man-who-killed-motorcyclists-sentenced-to-years/article_021d14b5-bd71-5fbc-8e86-112d890cd696.html

I promise you that if I can get you down here, I will introduce you to my kids and grandkids as "Mr. Puc". :backinmyday:

RandyA

Just from knowing what kind of Grampa those Grandkids came from (deep thinker and very respectful) I can see the look on their faces when you do Randy:confused24:.. While the youngest pulls you aside and innocently says "Grampa,, does Mr. Puc play Hockey or something" :rotf::rotf::rotf:CANT WAIT FOR THE DAY BROTHER!!!

Mouthful there Puc. Working with the poor misguided children that I did this strikes me as pretty close. Murder because they burnt the biscuits?? Baby wouldn't shut up? Cause you didn't like their looks?? Rape because they had a tight shirt on?? Robbery because you wanted (not needed) a new pair of shoes? All excuses I have heard. And respect is a 2 way street. If you give none you can expect none. But must be given as deserved.... Deep ain't it??:think:

Sure is bro,, it sure is... Deep enough hole that it can be scary to stand at the edge and look over - much less actually step in and look around:whistling: Thankfully there are folks like yourself who are willing to step in!!

Did some research and the incident referred to happened in 2007 which, of course, doesn't change anything. Just to balance the scales, here's another one from Iowa in 2011:

Man who killed 4 motorcyclists sentenced to 50 years

http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/man-who-killed-motorcyclists-sentenced-to-years/article_021d14b5-bd71-5fbc-8e86-112d890cd696.html

That kid was slobbering drunk and had made a stop along the interstate at a store trying to buy even more alcohol. Those who saw him there share some blame for not trying to prevent him from driving or at least calling the State Patrol immediately. You saw the part where his lawyer thought the crash could have been pinned on the road construction, I'm sure glad that didn't fly.

Anyone who cannot see a motorcycle also can't see a kid on a bicycle. That person is a dangerous killer on the road, even if they are your wife, your son , or daughter. Cagers need to be as hyper aware of motorcyclists as we are of them. Motorcyclists and the kids on bikes, the kids darting out from behind parked cars, etc. AND if they can't handle it then they shouldn't be allowed to drive. It's simply not alright to kill someone because you didn't see them, you killed them nonetheless and doing so carries an unpleasant punishment.

I'm not sure what can be done about LEO who don't write tickets. I suppose it can be taken up with the Mayor or Chief of Police. The County Attorney can be reached as well.

I believe that ,as with many problems, education and information are the answers. Motorcycle awareness and personal responsibility and liability for ones actions must be included in all driving education programs and tests. Driving education should be made mandatory for anyone wanting a drivers licence. It is a licence allowing you to drive, not a licence to kill.

I also find a very loud horn helps.

Edited by Sailor