IGNORED

Burlington ON Couple Killed

saddlebum

A couple was killed Thursday on Guelph line by the Home depot. Some witnesses who work with my daughter at the Home Depot say the rider lost control while making a left hand turn.

Others say the car that killed them, ran a red light while the motorcyclist was making the left turn and the rider lost control while trying to stop once he realized the car was not going to and the couple went over the handle bars. Police are still investigating as to what actually happened.

Whether the car in this case was to blame or not, Please never take for granted that just because you have the green light that you are safe. Today too many cars rush the light in order to avoid stopping or are texting while driving and not seeing the lights. Watch the cars not just the lights PLEASE!!!

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4046313-two-dead-in-burlington-motorcycle-crash/

Edited by saddlebum

Very sad news. And yes, it always pays to stay aware of traffic around you. I have had people come through the red light after my light had gone green ... and this is with a short delay during which all the lights are red. It seems to be happening more often. So be careful out there folks.

Andy