IGNORED

Carb Diaphrams, info please

Marcarl

I havent had one of each in my hand at the same time but I do know K&L have different part number for the xvz1200 and the xvz1300 and the xvz1300 is about 13 bucks cheaper. the 16 I ordered for us should be here today or tues, and I plan on pulling one out of a buddy's parts bike and compare, see if the new 1300's will fit properly in his 1200.

What has me thinking is that the part numbers are different and Flatout wants more money for the later editions. We have a member who would like to get my used ones, which are temporarily repairable, but there is not much sense in sending them to him if they won't do the job.

As i said in the other Thread, i think the '83 are different.

The '83 has different Jets and Jet Needles and Springs. If they mechanically fit, for me it's a different lifter Boring on the bottom.

I think Dragonrider has posted the Table of Jet sized 3 or 4 Weeks ago.

Carl,

The slides/diaphrams are completely interchangable between the 1200 and the 1300. However the lift holes at the end of the 1200 are smaller. The lift hole is next to the needle hole and affects the rate the slide will open under power. One of the DynoJet Stage 7 modifications to get the slide to open quicker was to drill an extra lift hole. However if you did this to a Venture slide, it opened quick but wouldn't hold under constant power like running down the highway at 70. In fact when DynoJet was producing their Venture V-Boost kits back in 89-93, they chose to thread the larger 1300 lift holes for a smaller insert that provided the same size hole of the 1200s. In fact in 93 when Yamaha was producing the last of the 1st Gen Ventures, I found one 1200 slide in a new 93 that had never been touched by a service tech. Also the early 1200 slides had a problem with the diaphrams coming completely off the slide, which was corrected by maybe 85.

Hope this helps,

Rick