IGNORED

little oil drip

Yesterday, replaced my Clutch Slave, and was a success. A slight pain, but success. This morning, had a small drip of oil beneath bike by kickstand, and if I was a betting man, and based on what I saw yesterday with middle gear cover off, that small oil seal around the pushrod to the clutch is leaking slightly. Has anyone ever replaced it? Not sure how my hands would get in there if that was the leak, and don't know if it's a simple pull out push in type seal. Appreciate any 2 cents.

You'll again need to remove the slave,,, well now that was a statement you didn't expect I bet,,, yep, remove the slave and then remove the push rod. NOW, in behind the push rod is a ball bearing, it may come out and may not, but there is one there, so watch for it, without it you will be clutchless. Now is a good time to have a long handled needle nose pliers and a new seal. The old seal will come out, so you can drill a small hole in the metal part, one on either side of the seal and then insert a screw into the hole. You now have something to grab onto to work the seal out with those long handled needle nose pliers. Once it's out insert the new seal using a proper sized socket and an extension. Take your time, enjoy the work, put the push rod back in with the dimpled end going in first and then reinstall the rest of the components.

Condor, I even put a new crush washer on it, it seems like it's coming from above, dripping on exhaust. I'm not feeling this oil seal behind the slave is easy. Actually I felt the slave was easy, there's just small amount of room. Any other suggestions?

Condor, I even put a new crush washer on it, it seems like it's coming from above, dripping on exhaust. I'm not feeling this oil seal behind the slave is easy. Actually I felt the slave was easy, there's just small amount of room. Any other suggestions?

It was worth a shot. Your first post mentions the sidestand?? My bad.

I cleaned everything, still has slight drip, Wires look dry, pretty certain coming from push rod seal. darnit. currently stuffed a sock in cavity, only a couple drops each ride. Should be fine around town, will take out on longer rides. Sock, duct tape, and hammer are the best tools.:whistling:

• 4 years later...
You'll again need to remove the slave,,, well now that was a statement you didn't expect I bet,,, yep, remove the slave and then remove the push rod. NOW, in behind the push rod is a ball bearing, it may come out and may not, but there is one there, so watch for it, without it you will be clutchless. Now is a good time to have a long handled needle nose pliers and a new seal. The old seal will come out, so you can drill a small hole in the metal part, one on either side of the seal and then insert a screw into the hole. You now have something to grab onto to work the seal out with those long handled needle nose pliers. Once it's out insert the new seal using a proper sized socket and an extension. Take your time, enjoy the work, put the push rod back in with the dimpled end going in first and then reinstall the rest of the components.
Does the oil level need to be lowered or drained for this?

in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

You do not have to drain the oil, should be good.
You don't happen to know of part number for the pushrod seals do you? I can't find a diagram of these parts anywhere. There was also no Crush Washer on the bottom Bolt.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That will make it leak a little. First thing I would change.
Yeah I had some oil when I pulled the cover off. But what's dripping out of the thing as hydraulic and it's running down the back side of that case from where the push rod goes through. The wiring up front is pretty oily though. We did upgrade the cooler on the stator so I wonder if that might be coming out where those wires go in. Also is that drill hole normal?0a83ac16ed4247169d33bbfd9bf1ffa4.jpg9b573c0001fac16aafdc0eddc61537f9.jpg0a3c1681a9352543053a7e521e0d6f5a.jpgf9d79cdb0dcb170587661cb153c5e22d.jpg

59f35814e974111fb97552198bfc5f0a.jpg

Yeah I had some oil when I pulled the cover off. But what's dripping out of the thing as hydraulic and it's running down the back side of that case from where the push rod goes through. The wiring up front is pretty oily though. We did upgrade the cooler on the stator so I wonder if that might be coming out where those wires go in. Also is that drill hole normal?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180206/0a83ac16ed4247169d33bbfd9bf1ffa4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180206/9b573c0001fac16aafdc0eddc61537f9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180206/0a3c1681a9352543053a7e521e0d6f5a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180206/f9d79cdb0dcb170587661cb153c5e22d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180206/59f35814e974111fb97552198bfc5f0a.jpg

Wires actually look like they are dry enough not to be the area of leakage. I think what you're pointing out as a drill hole is somebody trying to stake that bearing in place, and it looks like they had the works apart and did more staking. First time around, at the plant, things look neat but after having to repeat a couple of times it gets a bit scary looking. Can't see anything that would cause harm at this point. I see oil results, but can't see where it originates. I would clean things up real well with brake clean and then progress from there. Hasn't been very often that I've heard of the seal behind the slave leaking, it's actually pretty well put together, thank goodness, because they are a bit of a pain to change.