IGNORED

1st long ride on new 99

SARNA66

I went out this afternoon and early evening for 100 mile jaunt.

I must say I love my new 2nd generation,Im more comfortable and I have loud turnouts on this one

Is it my imagination or what-does not seem as fast as my 1st gen.

but i love love love it!!!

Life is good

Chris:bighug:

Got into a 2nd gen this year after a 20 year hiatus of not riding. The last bike I had then was a first gen and it did not handle close the my current second gen. (2006 Black Cherry Beauty) At over 110 km/hr the front end on the 1st gen would lift and become very unstable.Crosswinds where also a ***** to ride in. On power it would also hit a wall above that speed. So for me the second gen is way better, it is well planted on the road with lots of power. Sorry first genners, no disrespect intended, just sharing my experience with it.:backinmyday:

:322:

The G2 engine is a bit toned down, the rev limiter is set at 6500 rpms stock. A Vmax or FJR rearend and a Dyna 3000 ignition module to advance the timing and bring up the rev limiter and you'll see a whole different beast out of the 2nd gen

At over 110 km/hr.........On power it would also hit a wall above that speed. :

You must have been running on 3 cylinders!

It's surprising how well they will run on just 3....but at 110km you could still be in 4th gear and climbing fast!

Got into a 2nd gen this year after a 20 year hiatus of not riding. The last bike I had then was a first gen and it did not handle close the my current second gen. (2006 Black Cherry Beauty) At over 110 km/hr the front end on the 1st gen would lift and become very unstable.Crosswinds where also a ***** to ride in. On power it would also hit a wall above that speed. So for me the second gen is way better, it is well planted on the road with lots of power. Sorry first genners, no disrespect intended, just sharing my experience with it.:backinmyday:

:322:

Something strange with your 1st gen experience. I have not had the same experience, but can't compare to 2nd gen.

but at 110km you could still be in 4th gear and climbing fast!

Almost bogging the engine in 4th. Should still be in third at 110 kph if you want to go anywhere.

Horrible fuel mileage with only 3 cyclinders operating. Hard to notice lack of power but it will be very thirsty

Brad

I do have plans for the winter 1. skydoc clutch

2. new brakes and tires

3.maybe the vmax parts

also I want to add some lighting to the rear

any ideas??!

Add a Dyna 3000 to the list.

100 LED taillight from Custom Dynamics, light bar under the trunk (look at Darrin's), I also have the Harley tail light unit on my bike.