IGNORED

The Biker Wave

syscrusher

Sorry I was wrong. Of course I lack the skill and where-with-all to ever remove one of my hands from the handlebar even when sitting still. I think the answer really is in the other direction, everyone should wave at everyone else while driving. Cars, bicyclists, SUVs, straight trucks and tractor/trailers should all be waving away frantically because we are all using a roadway together and that makes us comrades. And of course there needs to be specific rules for doing so and probably a mini-course at the community college one can take to avoid disgracing oneself with improper form. Drivers manuals will need updating and teens will need warned to be sure to wave at everyone while taking the physical driving test.

Doesn't anybody realize that when a Harley rider points down at the road he's not waving at you he's calling your (Brand X) bike a hazard on the roadway.

Sorry I was wrong. Of course I lack the skill and where-with-all to ever remove one of my hands from the handlebar even when sitting still. I think the answer really is in the other direction, everyone should wave at everyone else while driving. Cars, bicyclists, SUVs, straight trucks and tractor/trailers should all be waving away frantically because we are all using a roadway together and that makes us comrades. And of course there needs to be specific rules for doing so and probably a mini-course at the community college one can take to avoid disgracing oneself with improper form. Drivers manuals will need updating and teens will need warned to be sure to wave at everyone while taking the physical driving test.

Doesn't anybody realize that when a Harley rider points down at the road he's not waving at you he's calling your (Brand X) bike a hazard on the roadway.

Ooo - sarcasm, my favorite! :happy65: I think some folks were taken aback by how virulently you opposed waving in the original post. Calling it a "scourge" and "dangerous"...... a little over the top, maybe? Kids on cellphones and bluehairs looking thru the steering wheel - that's a scourge in my book. Suicidal deer - they're dangerous. Waving is a personal choice thing. So relax, chill and enjoy your ride, amigo.

And I really don't care what some other guy thinks about my bike, how he/she waves or whether they wave at all.

I wave at everyone too. Whether they are on motorcycles, scooters, bicycles or lawnmowers. I always meet a guy on my way to work who's riding a little tiny scooter. It looks like it would probably be about a 50cc. I always wave at him, and he never waves back. I don't consider him a snob, but I always wonder what his story is.

I have a friend that ride a motorcycle and he only has 1 arm - he generally does NOT wave. :no-no-no:

I typically wave & don't care if they don't wave back. I also wave at folks on their porch, Amish in buggies, pretty girls on the street and people that wait for me to go past them instead of pulling out in front of me. Don't do it if it bothers you, but I hardly think its dangerous. I also remove my hand from the grip to push up my glasses, change the tune on my MP3, scratch my nose, flip the reserve lever, push in the choke and open the vent in my windshield - although not all at the same time.

Having sex while you're riding is dangerous - waving is just being friendly.:happy65:

Please instruct how to have sex while riding. I would take a chance!

I have begun to practice new waving rule: if a motorcycle rider is wearing shorts and a T-shirt... NO WAVE.

Such a person is obviously lacking brain power, and I do not wish to put them at additional risk by encouraging multi-tasking like riding and waving.

Please instruct how to have sex while riding. I would take a chance!

Ummmmmm......

I don't know if Don will allow us to post that instructional video.......

You may just have to do some experimenting and trying lots and lots and lots of different things till you find the one that works best for you.........Then post video.......:whistling: