IGNORED

Suzuki Bandit

etohio

I retired in March and have been doing all the projects that did not get done while I was working. I had every intention of restoreing my stash of British Iron but am just having too much fun playing with my Venture. I am down to 1 Triumph and the Venture. I think I need one more bike and have been looking at a 1200 Bandit as a knock around bike. Any thoughts on this as a bike to putt around the neighborhood on?

Guest tx2sturgis
I retired in March and have been doing all the projects that did not get done while I was working. I had every intention of restoreing my stash of British Iron but am just having too much fun playing with my Venture. I am down to 1 Triumph and the Venture. I think I need one more bike and have been looking at a 1200 Bandit as a knock around bike. Any thoughts on this as a bike to putt around the neighborhood on?

Just gotta chime in here...You have a touring bike, and the Triumph, sounds like you are good with a wrench and dont mind using it, and looking for an around-town bike?

Why not give the Urals a look?

I love the one I have....so much fun and yes, mainly for around town and running errands...its NOT really a touring bike. But it will carry a bunch of groceries or bags of fertilizer from the store, haul the pooch and/or a large picnic basket and your favorite lady friend. Plus, the Ural is an all-season, all terrain bike. It loves to play in the snow!

Based on WWII technology, but with updated components. New ones start at just over 10 large, and go up from there, but there are deals on used ones...I have seen them sell for around $4 to $10 thousand used depending on condition and year.

http://www.imz-ural.com/

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by tx2sturgis

The Bandit I was looking at was sold so was still looking for another bike until this morning.

I was at breakfast with the other old guys and was saying I was looking for something in between my Triumph and Venture. Tucker said he had a BMW for sale, a 1996 R1100r that had less than 26000 on it for $3000. It has ABS, oil coolers, a flashing headlight that I have no idea what that is about, BMW bags, new rear tire, new battery and came with a battery Tender. It looked very nice so why not.

Do not know much about BMW's but have never had anybody complain too much about them except that parts are very very expensive. I sure hope this fits the bill.

Ed

BMW parts are expensive and shops far and few. Check that year for owner comp,aunts or sites regarding issues with that bike. My 2 cents is a care free easy to deal with bike is a kawasaki Vulcan. Liquid cooled, runs forever, very reliable. VERY reliable.

Barry

The Bandit I was looking at was sold so was still looking for another bike until this morning.

I was at breakfast with the other old guys and was saying I was looking for something in between my Triumph and Venture. Tucker said he had a BMW for sale, a 1996 R1100r that had less than 26000 on it for $3000. It has ABS, oil coolers, a flashing headlight that I have no idea what that is about, BMW bags, new rear tire, new battery and came with a battery Tender. It looked very nice so why not.

Do not know much about BMW's but have never had anybody complain too much about them except that parts are very very expensive. I sure hope this fits the bill.

Ed

jeeze Ed, for 3k I'd be on that like Big Tom on a milkshake!! If you pass on it send me the info I may be in a position next week to invest in a 4th bike.

Seems like Suzuki had some issues with the Bandit,, I may be wrong but cam journals or crank problems come to mind.. Now a Suzy 109,, that would be fun.... Of course a Ural like Brians would be too,,, Maybe even a newer 883 sporty with 1200 jugs, cams and a tuner and set of side pipes and tuned out to 95 horse and made to look like an XR750,,, jeeze guys this is a toughy.... I would LOVE to have a 2 wheel drive ural,, winters coming...

Puc