IGNORED

Down and out!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your slide good job minimizing it though could have been lots worse so heal quick and I have three upper right fairings will look at them next day or two and send pictures of the better of the three I may have a lower right and crash guard also will let you know and parts will be there when you get ready for them.

Take care Cliff

Yikes...not good Kurt. Sure am glad you are relatively ok. I am reading that you are not so worried about yourself as much as your bike though. Once you are good to go I hope you can get her back together and be good to go. There are other bikes you could buy and use the old one for parts...

Its a sad day for you and we share your pain.

Guest Calcruiser

Sorry to hear you dropped the bike - at least your still here to tell the tale. Right!

I had a buddy back in Ireland not see a tractor late at night that he hit so hard that he actually split the rear transmission axle as he and his Honda CB 1000 met at approx 90+Mph. Gone!

Bikes come and go, some good, some baskets. The only thing that matters is that passion to get out there again and ride!

Get yourself a ??????? and lets see you back in the saddle

Calcruiser

Hello everyone,

Sorry i have not posted for a while, did'nt know it was possible to ache from so many diffrent body parts at the same time:( I do want to thank all of you for the kind words and encouragement,it truly helps a lot.

Hang in there for pics as i am trying to figure out the new program on our computer. Maybe pictures will assist in letting you know what parts i need. I finally was able to get out to the garage and look at my poor baby. After fighting back the tears for a bit,and thinking this is horrible, the bike was about as lucky as I.

From what i can tell by looking at her, most of the dammage appears to be plastic, which is bad enough. I am not sure what type of set up holds the fairing together but looking at the front of the bike it appears to be bent out of allignment. Also the cb is junk, i thought that the class computer was as well, after further inspection it seems like it will be ok.

Parts that i will need for sure though

(1) RIGHT FAIRING UPPER AND LOWER, DUCTING AND LOUVERS

(2) LEFT FAIRING UPPER AND LOWER

(3) RIGHT SIDE MIRROR AND ASSEMBLY

(4) TRUNK LID ONLY

(5) COMPLETE RIGHT SADDLE BAG

(6) CRASH BARS RIGHT

(7) CB UNIT

This is what i have for now, i may likely find more but this will be more than enough to keep a gimp and his son busy for a while.

Only people like us that enjoy the open road and the freedom that these wonderful machines bring can understand how much it would mean to me and my wife if you could help us to get the old girl back on the road again. Again thank all of you so very much for everything

:bighug:KURT827

Kurt,

It was -17F in WI today. Was this just a couple of days ago when it was only 20F? Holy Cow - PBS really must have been hitting you hard. (Parked Bike Syndrome). This is still snowmobile riding time.

We have been buried in snow since Thanksgiving. You are a little south of us though.

Glad you walked away - OK, gimped away. Good luck in getting your bike beautiful again.

RR

That qualifies you for a Asphalt Surfing patch that Todd has created............Right Todd............

Hope you have a swift recovery, your bike will survive if the members here have anything to do with it.........

Sorry to hear about the broken and dislocated body parts. I have been fairly lucky in my unscheduled get-offs. Only woke up once in the hospital. Nothing broken but with a concussion and dislocated shoulder.

I do know how you feel about the bike. You know you will heal but the bike can't heal itself! As far as fixing up a first gen, you are with the best people you could be with. For moral as well as physical support!

Hang in there Kurt, we're with ya. You're Down But Not Out!!! :thumbsup2:

Guest msegelle

Kurt, like everyone elso here thank God you were able to get up and walk away from the accident!

Take care of your self and remeber everthing happens for a reason.

Might be so you could get a 2nd Gen ya never know.............

God Bless,

Mark:whistling:

That qualifies you for a Asphalt Surfing patch that Todd has created............Right Todd............

Hope you have a swift recovery, your bike will survive if the members here have anything to do with it.........

Just what we didn't want, another member of the asphalt surfers club. Will keep an eye out for goodies for your scoot.

BTW, I still need one of those patches myself.

Bummer Kurt, sorry to hear of your distress and broken bones. If you want to ride year round, you may want to relocate to the West Coast, preferrably south of Los Angeles, where the road takes you to some of the best places on earth and the sun shines 340 days a year and very little snow unless you go looking for it in the mountains. I hope you get ur bike back together. At least you have a garage and don't have to get it to the basement or tear it apart in the living room.

:322:

take care of yourself, give yourself and your bike a little time to get back together right.

Peter

Escondido, CA

• 3 weeks later...

There are other Ventures to be had. And plenty of duct tape to keep you riding if you want to fix yours. Take time to heal; it will take longer than you think.

Good time to review; don't go into a curve any faster than you can see to stop. You don't know what's in the road around the curve. If you don't practice this on good weather days, you won't do it on the bad weather days.

They were showing a riding safety video on the TV here the other day; a squid on a sport bike, passing cages & bikes on curves; took his eyes off the road (near miss on a bike in the opposite lane) and took out the second bike coming in the other lane. They cut off the video before the collision, but I flinched anyway.

Sorry to say, I did not see this thread until just now!

Kurt, I hope that your recovery is moving along quickly and positively! As difficult as this has been for you, you are, without doubt, very fortunate that the consequences weren't more significant, given the circumstances. That no one else was hurt is remarkable!

Here's hoping you and the scoot both heal completely...

Terry