IGNORED

Curiousity Question..?

Has anyone bought the Clairion CD player for their bike lately, and do you still use it?? I have seen these CD players listed on eBay for several years and they are usually listed in the $225 to $250 range, and it appears they never get a sniff, but the listing price never seems to go down.... Are there that many dealers out there, taking into consideration the past sales history, that think they are still worth anything?? With the availability of MP3 players, and the ability to store more tunes than you can count, why would anybody even think about spending that kind of money for something that is so limited... and takes up trunk space to boot??? :stirthepot::stirthepot:

I got a brand new one in the OEM Box never been taken out of the box

for free a few months ago.. I will install it just for the heck of it in my

Hannigan Trunk, plenty of room in there :D going to wait until this winter

to install it though. have millions of CD to play in it.

I got a brand new one in the OEM Box never been taken out of the box

for free a few months ago.. I will install it just for the heck of it in my

Hannigan Trunk, plenty of room in there :D going to wait until this winter

to install it though. have millions of CD to play in it.

That's the price I was thinking they were worth..... :) Load all those CD's up on a multi-gig ipod. Save the trunk space for beer.... :whistling:

I sure wouldnt give much for one. Maybe $30 I got a Panasonic in the attice that came out of my sons car years ago. Never found another use for it neither. It's a nice option but there are just better ways now days for tunes. I have been thinking about trying to condense some of my music onto CD's. Instead of say 2 CD's with Garth Brooks see if I can copy them to one.

just load all the music onto the SD card in the Garmin GPS and let it play through the bike speakers using the FM radio. then you get the music turned down and can hear your directions whenever there is a turn coming up.

CD's will be as out of date as cassettes in about a year or so.

Brian

Yup done all that as well. been like that for years now :big-grin-emoticon:

Just wanna add the CD Player. It's kinda like adding

a antique to the Trike :D

Then if my wife wants to listion one of her CD's on a ride

she can.. I wont put her music on my SD card :rotf:

Yup got a bunch of music on SD card for GPS. Problem is I need to redo it. Some songs are normal volume, some louder some quiter. I sure could use the extra room in th left bag going to canada, so I may have to consider it.

I have a small program that I use to adjust the playback volume of mp3's. It's a free download, works pretty good and is reasonably quick.

You simply run the program select the files you want to adjust and it will scan them, then select a "mid point" (you can adjust it a bit up/down) and it will recopy the files and get them all within a couple of decibels of each other for output volume. Do a Google for MP3 GAIN and you should find it easily. It's an older program but it still works well. I like to use CNET for downloads.

I was working on rerecording a few weeks back. Had CD in computer and running. A few minutes later I noticed it wasnt running anymore. It just shut down on its own. So I thinks theres issues with PC.

I have seen the I-simple gizmo. But it seems you can not source it from anywhere but Yamaha. Can not seem to get a part number. And the price they want for it.........Holy Cow man and still would have to buy one of them high dollar I-thingy's to go with it.

OK since we had this thread and I was talking bad about the CD player today I go to use it and its got "ERR" on the display. So I'm thinking its getting even right. Then I remember I had rearanged some stuff int the left saddlebag. sure enough made sure plug was all the way in and wa-la it works. But I was pretty sure I didnt even get close to the plug. Gremlins I guess. :confused24: