IGNORED

Bike Worth Pursuing?

utadventure

How much time do you have to work on it ??

I would make an estimate, about $1000 worth of parts, also figure

on a complete carb rebuild, and lots of work. New tires, new front springs, fork seal replacement, possible new wheel bearings, clutch as you said, and possibly 2nd gear replacement, battery, solinoid, possibly lots of electrical problems.

If you really want something to work on my take would be look for an 89 to 93.

And more importantly something that has been on the road, not sitting for " several years " Thats always bad.

As far as parting it out, E-bay is always loaded with 83 and 84 parts.

Cosider that.

My take, is don't do it, but thats just my 2 cents worth.

From the looks of it I would say it is only good for parts, it doesn't run and from the list of things bad or wrong it would take (like george said) around $1000.00 to get it running and road safe, then you might find the 2nd gear is bad. If you already have a first gen mark one, then it would be worth a 2 or 3 hundred dollars to have a parts bike on hand, otherwise I would pass.

I agree with DELTARAT and GeorgeS. But...... the mechanicals can be fixed or repaired fairly inexpensively...it's your time..., but then afterwards 2ndgear could still up a bite you. It's the plastic that will cost a ton to replace, and this one looks like the plastic is pretty good?? Also it's a 1984 as the color scheme doesn't match up to 83. Buy it as a parts bike, do enough to check out second gear, and if it's good think about bringing her back.....