IGNORED

Sturgis 2013 anyone here going?

Phoneman1981

Hello: Just wondering if anyone on the site is planning on going to Sturgis this year? Now that we have had to cancel on the international :(. We might ride up on the 9th. Stay over night on the 9th & 10th and ride back home on the 11th. Anyone else going?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis

About once every decade, I skip a year. This is the year I'm playing hooky...I've got plans to ride to Bikes Blues and BBQ instead, and wont be able to do both rallies in one year.

I'm of course, already regretting it, since the Doobie Brothers are playing, and several of my friends are going, and they want someone to kinda show them around. Same story every year.....

Oh well....yall have fun!

:happy34:

We will be heading to Sturgis right after Galena , to see ZZ Top , on the 4th and Kid Rock along with the Doobie Brothers on the 5th . We will be staying at the Creek Side Camp Ground .

Arriving 4th from Los Angeles and staying at Creek side also.

I'll email you.

VentureFar...

Anyone else coming to Sturgis?

How about we all meet for breakfast at the "pancake breakfast" that is across the street from Ft Meade on 34/79 / lazelle just East of Sturgis? North side of the road.

How about Wednesday at 7:30am?

Just a suggestion- please chime in.

Tx2sturgis - I have been 6x so I know my way around a bit. Happy to be a contact for your buddies. I will be hanging with a buddy I dragged last year that couldn't wait to come back this year to explore in more depth..

After living and working in the Grand Teton National Park I do believe I have seen every bike and biker that is going to Sturgis already. Seems like everyone going gets there by doing Grand Teton and Yellowstone on the way. Early in the morning you can hear whole herds of Harleys going up Hwy 89. Therefore I feel like I have already been there!

Hello: That sounds like the breakfast that is held at the Sturgis Highschool. Great place to meet others. Lots of parking. Several of us met there last year. Unfortunetly we will not be riding up until Friday the 9th. I hope others will join you.

Guest tx2sturgis
Anyone else coming to Sturgis?

How about we all meet for breakfast at the "pancake breakfast" that is across the street from Ft Meade on 34/79 / lazelle just East of Sturgis? North side of the road.

How about Wednesday at 7:30am?

Just a suggestion- please chime in.

Tx2sturgis - I have been 6x so I know my way around a bit. Happy to be a contact for your buddies. I will be hanging with a buddy I dragged last year that couldn't wait to come back this year to explore in more depth..

Yall are killin me!

:bawling:

After living and working in the Grand Teton National Park I do believe I have seen every bike and biker that is going to Sturgis already. Seems like everyone going gets there by doing Grand Teton and Yellowstone on the way. Early in the morning you can hear whole herds of Harleys going up Hwy 89. Therefore I feel like I have already been there!

HowardB

What is the name of the new museum off the slow twisty road closest to the Tetons.

Has a horseshoe parking lot. One way in and one way out?

Thanks

yep heading up Aug.2 head home following thursday:bluesbrother:

Can u meet for breakfast wed ?

It is the Sturgis high school.

VentureFar...

About once every decade, I skip a year. This is the year I'm playing hooky...I've got plans to ride to Bikes Blues and BBQ instead, and wont be able to do both rallies in one year.

I'm of course, already regretting it, since the Doobie Brothers are playing, and several of my friends are going, and they want someone to kinda show them around. Same story every year.....

Oh well....yall have fun!

Wait a minute......You turned down Sturgis for BBB? Hmmm.....Wow!

I live in this beautiful state called Arkansas, and I go to BBB every year, but I gotta tell ya........It Ain't No Sturgis.

BBB is a great rally that has multiple events spread across 3 cities, and some very nice day rides out from the rally. It says it gets 300K+ attendance every year, but its really like 100K.

I used to think it was a big time rally until I went this year to Daytona Bike Week. Holy Crap!. Now THAT is a big time rally.

Maybe I'll catch up to ya this year.

Guest tx2sturgis
Wait a minute......You turned down Sturgis for BBB? Hmmm.....Wow!

I live in this beautiful state called Arkansas, and I go to BBB every year, but I gotta tell ya........It Ain't No Sturgis.

BBB is a great rally that has multiple events spread across 3 cities, and some very nice day rides out from the rally. It says it gets 300K+ attendance every year, but its really like 100K.

I used to think it was a big time rally until I went this year to Daytona Bike Week. Holy Crap!. Now THAT is a big time rally.

Maybe I'll catch up to ya this year.

Well Lenny, its like this. I only have so much time I can take off of work, and since I've been to Sturgis 18 times, I like to vary my agenda now and then...ya know?

Yeah, I like BBB...I've been one time....and I promised myself I'd go back. I like the riding in that area, I like that the rally is later in the year and not so damn hot, and I like that Fayetteville doesnt gouge you on prices....yet....Plus its an easy one day ride from where I live, so I save money on motels too.

All said and done, it works for me this year, so thats where I'll be!

Guest tx2sturgis
If it makes you feel any better, when I am walking down main street I will call you on the phone so you can at least listen...........

It probably wont.

:moon:

Well Lenny, its like this. I only have so much time I can take off of work, and since I've been to Sturgis 18 times, I like to vary my agenda now and then...ya know?

Yeah, I like BBB...I've been one time....and I promised myself I'd go back. I like the riding in that area, I like that the rally is later in the year and not so damn hot, and I like that Fayetteville doesnt gouge you on prices....yet....Plus its an easy one day ride from where I live, so I save money on motels too.

All said and done, it works for me this year, so thats where I'll be!

Okay. I'm with ya on that one. 18 times is a lot. Especially for my A.D.D. brain. I would've been bored with it after about 17 times. Can't believe you pushed it to 18.

NW Arkansas is certainly a great place to have a rally late in the year. Usually perfect weather, and some of the best riding in the middle section of the country.

You made the right choice.

Tippy n I are leaving Sacremento today and heading up to Lassen national park, than over to Redwoods and from there up to Crater Lake. gonna hit Yellowstone and do a little cow towning in western montana and that should put us inline for the sturgis ralley on the way back to michigan. I just finished fixing the tail light on the 83 at an all night gas station so probably a late morning depart.

I have been going to the rally since 1973, have pretty much wore out the party seen BUT go for the late night chats with other builders down on mainstreet - usually thats where you will find us. Be great to meet up with some of you and say howdy!! I always tent camp about a mile east of the buffalo chip on the praire - quite, cool and peaceful...

Puc