IGNORED

Fuel pump question(s)

I am working on an 84 Venture. The fuel pump keeps pumping, so it's not building any pressure, so I took it off. It clicks just fine, so I opened up the pump side to see what was happening. I noticed two check valves, one with a rubber center and one without. Does any body know what should be there, and if there is a rebuild kit available?

All right,, I did, and didn't come up with that thread,,,, but it's what I needed,, thanks!

Now the next question, which you didn't answer in that thread either, but maybe this time,,,,,,is there a rebuild kit?

All right,, I did, and didn't come up with that thread,,,, but it's what I needed,, thanks!

Now the next question, which you didn't answer in that thread either, but maybe this time,,,,,,is there a rebuild kit?

Guess you didn't use it right.

HE had a rebuilt kit on the paper, did you not see it..

Brad

I have never come across a rebuild kit for fuel pump for a Venture.

Don't feel bad about the search not finding thread. I couldn't find it directly myself, found it linked in another thread that Google search pointed to.

Just never got to use that picture on someone that I thought might take it personally.

:thumbsup2:

Gary

Guess you didn't use it right.

HE had a rebuilt kit on the paper, did you not see it..

Brad

Guess you need some more schooling,,,, did you move too far away from Swifty? That was the old parts you were looking at, not new ones......dudhhh!

I have never come across a rebuild kit for fuel pump for a Venture.

Don't feel bad about the search not finding thread. I couldn't find it directly myself, found it linked in another thread that Google search pointed to.

Just never got to use that picture on someone that I thought might take it personally.

:thumbsup2:

Gary

Thanks, I haven't been able to come up with one either.

Any idea who makes it?

And the picture? Your time is coming,,, if I can only find the right 'picture'!

This post ( http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=700962&postcount=29 ) is in a thread started by you on a related issue. The two check valves work in tandem. One is an inlet, one is an outlet. That way the pump will let fuel in through the in line but not back out except by way of the out line (and vice versa). I got fed up with the OEM pump last fall and put a Mr. Gasket on mine. ........ and now my mileage has decreased noticeably but I'm tired enough of farting with it that I'm gonna leave it.

I am working on an 84 Venture. The fuel pump keeps pumping, so it's not building any pressure, so I took it off. It clicks just fine, so I opened up the pump side to see what was happening. I noticed two check valves, one with a rubber center and one without. Does any body know what should be there, and if there is a rebuild kit available?