IGNORED

clutch slipping

Just got back from an across canada and us ride and clutch slips when I roll on the throttle.I could use , more tourque also as towing a trailor from a standstill it could use more tourque.I see that a skydock v max upgrade may help me.where do I order this.oh yes, ignition switch died also and used your for, to bypass it lol.where do you suggest I get a new one from. Thanks much

Randy

Just got back from an across canada and us ride and clutch slips when I roll on the throttle.I could use , more tourque also as towing a trailor from a standstill it could use more tourque.I see that a skydock v max upgrade may help me.where do I order this.oh yes, ignition switch died also and used your for, to bypass it lol.where do you suggest I get a new one from. Thanks much

Randy

I just did the skydoc clutch and vmax rearend last week and love love the results. we pull a trailer too and these things cured all the problems, also put in a new hagon shock so were good for another 30,000 miles. just do it....

Randy

For your needs a VMax rear and Barnett clutch system (steel, friction plates and heavy duty springs) do a great job.. I found the PCW clutch system leaves the friction zone in a weird place for my riding style. Both are easy to install and well worth the coins.

Add my "You betcha!" to the Skydoc clutch upgrade. As a matter of fact, I ordered the rest of the friction plates and replaced it all. Much, much better than stock. As for the ignition switch, the Yamaha item is quite expensive (Last price I heard was $280.00 - just for the switch!). You can often find them on Ebay through some of the motorcycle wreckers. Problem there, of course, is that you don't know just how good (or bad) the condition is> When mine died about a year or so ago, I took it out and repaired it myself. It has worked fine ever since. And whichever way you decide to go, be sure to put the ignition, headlight and driving lights (If you have a set) on relays and an auxiliary fuse box (Otherwise you have too many wires coming off he battery terminals). That way you can avoid any further ignition switch problems. There are some excellent threads on the site describing how to do some of these jobs as well as info in the technical section. If you have any questions, just ask - we'll be here! And yes - join up now - it will be the best $12.00 you ever spent. figure by now I've saved enough money to pay my dues over the rest of my life and possibly one more life after that - now that's a bargain!

Andy