IGNORED

Any Suggestions for Grand Canyon Area Visit?

bmxndad

No bike on this trip. Flying into Vegas, renting a cage and then staying in Parks, AZ for 4 days. Then next 7 days go wherever sounds interesting. Any suggestions on things to do. We like most outdoor stuff...hiking, kayaking, whitewater etc. Any and all ideas are encouraged and appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross

If you go somewhere between Beatty NV and Tonopah NV, let me know and I can tell to by mile marker and the exact feet per police report where all the debree was. Lots of parts were not gathered from my 19 June 2012 accident.

Just kidding, but I hope to revisit that site and put a marker that I survived. Nearing 100% recover soon.

If you go somewhere between Beatty NV and Tonopah NV, let me know and I can tell to by mile marker and the exact feet per police report where all the debree was. Lots of parts were not gathered from my 19 June 2012 accident.

Just kidding, but I hope to revisit that site and put a marker that I survived. Nearing 100% recover soon.

southern utah, Brice canyons, red canyons, Zion national park North rim of the grand canyon. Hoover dam.

if you are doing parks be sure to buy a park pass if you are under 65 it is $80 but you can put 2 people on it and is good for a year at all National Parks ans some state parks. If you visit 2 or more it saves you money. If over 65 $10 disabled Vet Free

Just looking at the weather reports, and if you're going in the next couple of weeks go find an AC unit and hug it. Supposed to be record breaking temps in the south west in the next few weeks. 129degs in Death Valley....:scorched:

I saw a mini documentary on this area and it is amazing but it is hiking -not driving. you have to get down to the floor of the canyon and hike etc.

I "stopped" by the South Rim last year and spent the requisite 7 minutes looking and photo taking - and moving on. Be VERY CAREFUL driving at night the roads are full of all kinds of animals.

VentureFar...

Hovver dam closer to LV, Glen Canyon Dam not too far away near Page, AZ. One of 2 highways to Page is closed due to bridge out.

Check out Oatman, AZ on old hwy 66 not too far from Laughlin, NV. Cool old town, watch for "wild" burros (tourists buy feed to feed them).

Roy:080402gudl_prv: