IGNORED

Idea for yamaha cassette

Jercoupe

I enjoy laughing with friends when I show them the hi-tech electronics on my 07 Venture, namely the cass player. A friend today said that they should just make it a ipod docking station.:lightbulb: That really makes sense to me since yamaha would not need to remake the entire faring as they would with a CD player. I would send this idea to Yamaha but the R&D dept doesn't want to talk to the Venture owners because they don't even have a email address on the Yamaha site. We all know that they must think they have created the perfect bike because nothing changes over the years.

This way, you don't have to worry about the complexity of what everything else is, or does. XM offers any type of music you want, and to be able to pick this music up just about anywhere without commercials would add a plus. ipod or MP3 works, but I would rather have a mixture of anything and everything than to listen to the same songs that you've recorded all the time. But this is just my opinion, and I know that this will always be an on going issue. I'm always afraid to buy anything new Jack as it becomes the same old thing, it's obsolete a year or two later, because they seem to come out with something better. So for now, as long as I've got a signal, I'll just go along with the radio.:confused24: :whistling:

ok Rich: I will agree with the simplicity of the sat radio but I seem to listen to only about a dozen cd's and I just don't want to pay the monthly price for the xm. Going to San Mateo with us?
Heck Jack, you just reminded me to buy my ticket on line, in other words yes to your question. I think I've got some of the guys joining us at this end also. Vic for sure, will let you know how many are going when the date gets closer, unless we get it otherwise on the web site. Take care and catch you in three weeks. :mustache: And yes Jack, I don't like the monthly price of XM either, that's why I'm sticking to the radio for now.:whistling:

Jack, do you think the factory reps at the San Mateo show will hear and pass on owner input? I don't mind having the cassette player that I don't use, but I'd like to plug the MP3 lead in without having to open the cassette door.

Gary in Lompoc:cool10:

Jack, do you think the factory reps at the San Mateo show will hear and pass on owner input? I don't mind having the cassette player that I don't use, but I'd like to plug the MP3 lead in without having to open the cassette door.

Gary in Lompoc:cool10:

Gary: At he last show the star booth was handled by the Star touring folks and they already knew about the Venture problems. We can try again.

See you there. Are you going to the Santa Barbara toy run?

I enjoy laughing with friends when I show them the hi-tech electronics on my 07 Venture, namely the cass player. A friend today said that they should just make it a ipod docking station.:lightbulb: That really makes sense to me since yamaha would not need to remake the entire faring as they would with a CD player. I would send this idea to Yamaha but the R&D dept doesn't want to talk to the Venture owners because they don't even have a email address on the Yamaha site. We all know that they must think they have created the perfect bike because nothing changes over the years.

i think we will see changes in the 08 or 09 model..big changes. That or the bike will be gone!

i use an MP3 using the jack next to the casette!

I've seen those cd players that have a SD card slot. The same SD card is utilised in various mp3 players. A better proposition to the CD as no skips or space taken up with a stacker. A 4GB card will hold most collections that one would like to hear while out on a ride.

The R&D guys may like to look at a radio of whatever type or hybrid and a card slot to give a small yet powerful package.

Just an idea:whistling:

hello

yes it dose have a amp the only down fall was i lost the abilaty to hook up a cd player but i use xm and mp3 i will post photos later today when i get home from work i also replaced my speaker with mb quarts with cross overs and tweeters all 4 speakers sounds great

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

Kevin, how did you redo the existing wiring that went to the cassette? The RSV cassette module also includes the amp and the radio doesn't it? So, by replacing the cassette module with a graphic EQ, you lose the radio tuner, and must then use a separate radio tuner/SAT radio I suppose.

J Richie

VA