IGNORED

New Post time limit?

Ok, if I'm gone on a long weekend and don't get to look at the site for a few days, there are numeous "new posts". I click on the "new posts" and up pop maybe 5-9 pages worth of new stuff for me to look at. But if I don't get thru all those pages within a hour or so, it then comes up with the search not found (or something like that). If I do "new posts" again, it shows only the few that have happened in that hour I've been on.

I know there is a "Today's Posts" button, but many are older than that so they don't show up. I don't want to search every forum for what I missed, and I can't find a setting that increases the time limit before it makes new posts to old posts.

Any buttons or search feature that I might have missed? Or am I doomed to search forums one-by-one to find the new stuff, a pennance for me not being on here daily?

-Andrew

I have noticed the same thing. I don't know if it is just a timer or a time of use timer type of thing. It seems that as long as I do not take a lot of time reading on any one post and keep clicking along, that it will let me keep looking for several hours.

If I have been gone for more than a day, I start at the back and work forward in time. I try to make it far enough that "Todays posts" will bring up the rest when I get the dreaded "search not found". While scanning the threads I try to just take note of those that I really want to read so that after I have glanced thru all of them. I can then go back and find the ones that I need/want to spend some time in. Typing a reply will really eat up your timer. Especially if you type like I do.

When I head up to the cabin there is no telephone, no Internet, not even cell phone coverage, or TV service of any kind. And I love it that way. But it means that I have some catching up to do when I return to "civilization".

Brought this up years ago, I believe it is pre set by Don and he increased it but still believe it is only an hour or so.

Start at the back and work your way forward then use todays post when it becomes old post HAHA.

Brad