IGNORED

Travelcade vs ?

Guest Shaggy Dog

Guest Shaggy Dog

Can anyone tell me how a Travelcade compares to the stock seat or any other as far as height and forward position? I only 5'9" so I expected it to be a little taller than my cruiser, but it feels like I'm too close to the tank and even with the highway pegs my legs aren't stretched out. before I start cutting on the seat I thought I'd ask.

I am going to tread lightly here as i do not want to step on anyones toes here or counterdict what someone elce has said.

I just put a new travelcade on my 88 and if anything i feel i have more room, however the passenger area cappears to be lacking space compared to stocker.

From what i understand about these seats they are made to fit persons size and weight perhaps this one was made to fit a larger rider and smaller passenger, or perhaps i dont know what i am talking about. either way i thought i would pass on my expirience with my travelcade

You are not stepping on my toes and it may be a totally different situation on a first gen as opposed to my RSV. Also, I bought the Travelcade for my RSV from another member so it was not made specifically for me. What I didn't like though was that the fit to the bike was very poor. There was about a 3/4-1" gap between the front of the seat and the gas tank. All my attempts to contact Travelcade via email or telephone were ignored. I never got an email response and never got a return telephone call. I was more than willing to pay to have it reworked or whatever but just found them impossible to deal with.

Now my good friend Rick Butler always used the Travelcades on his first gen Ventures and may still have one on his RSV and he thought they were great.

I got a corbin seat for my 93 about 3 years ago, it fits on the bike very well,and over the stock seat fits my butt alot better.It does tend to push you foward and close to the tank, but i think its just the way it is with a 1ST gen , just not much room to deal with. When i oreded my seat they needed to know what my height was and weight, and i think my inseem.The seat fits me very well and im happy with it.

Well i guess i can stop wondering wether service for these seats is as good as i believe the product to be.

I guess i would have to agree with you on the matter of fit and finish as i to have a gap between seat and tank all be it not quite 3/4 of an inch it is still a gap that should be adressed.

I am sorry for your bad expirience with this company unfortunately this is what sometimes happens when a company grows to the size that travelcade has.

Hopefully you have found a seat and a company that fit you as well as that wonderful looking rsv

Guest Shaggy Dog

What is the stock seat height for the first Gen Ventures? I usually just cut and fit the seat to my own taste but I usually start with an old stock seat, I hate to start cutting on the Travelcade unless I have to. I may have to find an old seat and do a little experimenting.

What is the stock seat height for the first Gen Ventures? I usually just cut and fit the seat to my own taste but I usually start with an old stock seat, I hate to start cutting on the Travelcade unless I have to. I may have to find an old seat and do a little experimenting.

Looks to be around 31"

I had a Travelcade seat with removable backrest on my 88VR. First thing I noticed was the seat bottom (padding) was a lot firmer. It also moved me about an inch forward and an inch higher. An inch higher I didn't mind (34" inseam) but I didn't like moving closer to the handlebars. I ended up selling it going back to the original. My .02 cents.

[ATTACH]15302[/ATTACH]

Guys,

I have owned 3 Travelcade Road Sofa seats since 88 and the secret to any comfortable aftermarket seat (IMHO) is never buy one off the shelf, but to have them build it to you. But, have them forget the common information they ask you about your inseam, weight, etc and have them make the seat as low and as far back as they can get it without running into the fender.

The Road Sofa for the 1st Gens was the best, where the 2nd Gens don't give you the same amount of room because of the location of the fender. If you need one for a 2nd Gen, just make sure that they understand to extend the nose about 1" so there is no gap between the seat and the tank.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Guest Shaggy Dog

Well I have a 31" inseam, and tip toeing is not an option. I don't have the heart to cut up this nice a seat. A new seat would kill my good deal, so I guess I'll be on the look out for a worn or discarded stock seat. Thanks for all the input, your help is appreciated..

Shaggy,

I still have my extra seat setting in the closet if you want it .83-93 model front seam is coming loose but the rest is in great shape.

Buddy

Well I have a 31" inseam, and tip toeing is not an option. I don't have the heart to cut up this nice a seat. A new seat would kill my good deal, so I guess I'll be on the look out for a worn or discarded stock seat. Thanks for all the input, your help is appreciated..