IGNORED

K&N Air Filter Spray???

GolfVenture

WD-40 was designed for more for water dispersion than lubrication. Works great for drying out a wet distributor cap but not so hot for moving parts. It's based on fish oil if I remember right.

So it does not have the tacky quality that would attract and hold dirt in a filter. Too thin and not the traits needed for filter prep.

Now ya need to clean a wet or dirty connection, there ya go.

Brian, oh my gawd...Brian...here we go again.:duck:

Last time I helped you work on the '89 Venture, you did not have a can of WD-40 in sight, and now you want to use a relative of that on a K&N air filter ???

What is WD10/40 anyway, BRIAN ?????????:witch_brew:

It is called...WD-40...not WD10/40. Geez, we can't leave you alone for 10 minutes without something weird happening in Buckley.

Okay, to answer your question...if you do not have a can of K&N air filter recharger spray handy...which I do have...then you can use Marvel Mystery Oil...and they do make it in a spray, just for YOU.:hihi:

Love ya, brother.

:backinmyday:

Mazola cooking oil works very well too .... :whistling:

Now that's a good one..........never thought of veggy oil, but it would work well and also make the filter more easily washed with lesser solvents/surfactants. Plenty of it in my kitchen cupboards. Maybe K&N oil is veggy......

Learn something new here ever day....

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

WD-40 was designed for more for water dispersion than lubrication. Works great for drying out a wet distributor cap but not so hot for moving parts. It's based on fish oil if I remember right.

So it does not have the tacky quality that would attract and hold dirt in a filter. Too thin and not the traits needed for filter prep.

Now ya need to clean a wet or dirty connection, there ya go.

Plus it dries out pretty quickly:2cents: