IGNORED

made a mistake

rbig1

well rode the bike 210 miles with no problems. told the wife and son finally starting to enjoy riding this bike. then wham pulled key out and cant put it back in. did get 40 mpg today and ran on all cylinders.took down interstate 50 miles helped it alot.

Spray lock with lube. Turn the key around and try it again.

Mike

:sign yeah that:

Mine used to do that every once in while. Sometimes I could flip the key and it would work fine.

I ended up having new keys made from the master code and that ended the problem completely. Every key worked on either side in every lock.

Possibly your forks are turned enough to put pressure on the key so you cant turn the key. Try wiggling your handlebars back and forth while turning the key. MY 85 would get fussy from time to time and it needed the forks moved to be able to turn the key.

Brian

got it to work. oiled it. then moved the handle bars. would work till u pulled the key. had to redo it about 5 times before it was easy to turn. im figuring i better do fuse box and ground wire next as its going to make me any way. want to do progressive forks and replace the seat after it runs 1000 miles with no problems. cant remember the other upgrades:confused07: