IGNORED

Shock Boots

Are you speaking of the front fork gaiters? The black rubber accordion thingies? If so, join the crowd of fork protector needers. I think there was a member here some time back making leather fork protectors. Maybe Condor or Black Owl can steer you in that direction.

Mine are broken at the folds in a couple places. Until I find suitable replacements, I found that if you loosen the "hose clamp" affair at the top and let the accordions just sit loose they will usually appear closed and are still doing their job of protecting the fork tubes.

Well, I still have the pattern, but never did figure out why Painterman's booties were hanging up as I could not recreate the condition.

The price of leather is going through the roof. Could make a set in leatherette (faux leather) if you would like to try a set.

Wait, are out bikes supposed to have those? I have never seen a venture with them. Every venture I spot has nice shiny chrome like harleys do on the front forks.

They were an aftermarket item that didn't go over very well with touring bikes. They are really for off road bikes...

They were an aftermarket item that didn't go over very well with touring bikes. They are really for off road bikes...

The boot that Owl makes only covers the portion of the fork that the seal slides over protecting it from UFO's. A seal that leaks because of a scratch or ding can ruin your whole day.... I've been hit a couple of times in the legs with stones while traveling on the freeway that I'm sure would have done damage to the shaft instead of creating a dent in my leg.... YeeOuch!! Dam!!! :whistling:

Well, I still have the pattern, but never did figure out why Painterman's booties were hanging up as I could not recreate the condition.

The price of leather is going through the roof. Could make a set in leatherette (faux leather) if you would like to try a set.

Dont get me wrong........I was very happy with your service just not sure what was going on......I cant say you didnt try repeatedly...

Davide

I do have a set available on my wrecked 91 VR. There is some slight cosmetic damage near the very bottom, but if you turn the damage towards the radiator the boots will look like in perfect condition. They are so new condition that I would like to swap them out with my 89 VR, but thats too much work. I'll post them on the classified as soon as I get some pictures.

Hi. I ride a 93 venture royale and am in need of new shock boots. the OEM boots here are $134 each. Not a pair but each. No way I'm paying that! Does anyone know of after market boots and if so by whom?

Thanks much

Patrick

Would these be what you were thinking of?