IGNORED

Baron Risers and sticky throttle

frodotoo

I installed Baron Risers on my bike today in anticipation of riding this weekend (finally). I've read thru the other threads regarding the subject and find no easy solution to my new problem: Throttle sticking on far right turn of the handle bars. Doubtful this will affect normal riding, but low speed parking lot turns could be problematic. Anyone find an easy fix other than taking off the fairing?? I slid my brake about a half inch down and that bundle of cables is fine but I don't see any way I can do the same with the throttle. Removing the fairing has got to be a big PITA. Any other suggestions or advice? :confused07:

Try rotating the handle bars up or down and then rotate the controls on the bars to get the needed slack. You may have to reroute the cables differently through the steering head area. This is what I did several years ago and have never had a problem with binding.

I re-routed the cables to go under the top tree, took a few tries to get the right routing but now I doesn't stick at all at full turn.

So does that mean disconnecting them at the throttle housing or just trying to slip them around to another position??

Thanks for the replies!

• 5 months later...

After installing my risers, my throttle stuck on the hard right turn for a couple weeks but now has seemed to have worked itself out. I don't have any stick in the throttle.

I still plan on getting longer bars anyway. But the risers work for now.