IGNORED

HID in Passing Lights

RSTDdog

I am in the process of making the conversion from 55W halogen to 35W HID. I bought a HID kit with H3 bulbs and will still have to modify my housings to make them fit. The H3 HID bulb is a little longer that the halogen on both sides of the mounting flange. so you need a housing with room on both side of the bulb.

So how are the beams on the NT LEDs. If you turn off the headlight and use the LED how is it? Wide and short or does it project a beam say 30 ft? Have yet to get an answer on this question. I currently have 35w halogens with clear lens. I think thats about where they go is 30 ft or so and cover maybe a lane and half wide.

So how are the beams on the NT LEDs. If you turn off the headlight and use the LED how is it? Wide and short or does it project a beam say 30 ft? Have yet to get an answer on this question. I currently have 35w halogens with clear lens. I think thats about where they go is 30 ft or so and cover maybe a lane and half wide.

To be honest I don't know. I can not turn off my head light while driving and I have not compared the length when sitting still with key in Aux position. I know while driving with the HID head light and the LED spots that I light up both lanes of a two lane road and can light up road signs FAR down the road. I am very pleased with the set up.

I am in the process of making the conversion from 55W halogen to 35W HID. I bought a HID kit with H3 bulbs and will still have to modify my housings to make them fit. The H3 HID bulb is a little longer that the halogen on both sides of the mounting flange. so you need a housing with room on both side of the bulb.

Hmmmm. I have the Tri-bar style passing lamps so this may not work unless I get the straight Halogen housing and then still have to modify. here I thought locating (hiding) the ballasts on an RSTD and running the wiring for them was going to be the tricky part.

• 2 weeks later...