IGNORED

Rear Shock

I have a 2006 RSV with 54k miles. Bike is running super fantastic. I live in Ohio and took advantage of the great weather yesterday and put a few 100 miles on the bike. No problems, no moaning/groaning from shock. When I went to work this morning i noticed a small drop of oil directly underneath the rear shock. I'm confident my engine oil level is NOT to high (not even 1/2 up on glass) so I took a quick look at the shock. I noticed a gap between the boot and the base of the shock and where the oil was coming from. I would have to assume my shock is on the way out. Here are 2 pics. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Mine was leaking oil but still holding air just fine at 23K miles. I replaced with a Hagon.

Replacement options are Hagon, Made In england, California distributor 2year warranty, rebuildable, 399 and 469 with HD spring includes Shipping from Hagon LLC in CA.

OEM yamaha through discount online retailers around 475 shipped (boats.net) Only option if you want to keep air adjustment.

YSS, shipping seems iffy from the distributor from some reports. You'll get it, just may take a while. Similar to slightly higher pricing to Hagon. Made in Thailand?? or parts of it.

Works Performance 799.00 several here have that one as well and like it. Only 1 year warranty. Based on a straight comparison of phots of both products,I could not justify in my mind why its $400 more than a part made in England, likewise couldn't justify spending $400 more either. That being said, I have never ridden a bike with one to compare.

A more recent thread on the options here http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75298

RSTDdog

Haven't been on much I see you ordered one. Yes I'm happy with it. I ordered mine with the uprated spring. I installed like it came out of the box. Recently turned the Compression/rebound adjuster in CW 1/4 turn (adjustment is combined). Its good one and two up so far and I haven't added any more preload. That being said I would ride solo with the OEM air shock set at 45 psi. To me it seemed like the best value. I like to give all the options so people can research more if they want.

When installing pay attention that you install it with the compression rebound adjuster (allen head screw on bottom) pointing to the right. That way its on the up hill side of the bike when on the side stand. Just Makes it easier to get to.

I ordered one from Hagon LLC this week also. Was told that they are expecting "a shipment next Monday" (the 29th). So perhaps our units will be in that shipment. Whether that means they ship from the UK on Monday or Hagon LLC receives them on Monday is unclear.....

I've got a 2006 RSV with 30,000 miles and the shock "moans" as someone discribed. I ride solo and weigh just north of 200 lbs. Do I need to replace the shock? It rides good, for me.

I also have a problem with the front brake pads (OEM) just installed and "squeal" like the old ones did. I just bought EBC pads. Will they stop the sound?......Thanks, bill4you502

I installed a Hagon rear shock last year that I ordered from Hagon USA in California, (which is run by world champion speedway racer Billy Hamill and his wife Christina). Great to deal with!! I got the upgraded version for about $469 + about $50 shipping (to Canada). Put about 3000 kms on the bike since the install and it works great. Also ordered a set of Hagon front fork progressive springs, which I hope to install before summer hits.

As for brakes/rotors squealing with the OEM pads, get a set of EBC double H sintered pads. No more squealing and the bike stops on a dime!

I've got a 2006 RSV with 30,000 miles and the shock "moans" as someone discribed. ...

Check the linkage underneath and make sure it is well greased. If you don't see oil leaking under the bike (check the bottom of the shock) then it might be the linkage and not the shock.

• 2 weeks later...

My new Hagon Shock will be in later today. Even though it took longer than expected for shipping Christina from Hagon LLC USA was fantastic to deal with.

I removed my rear shock last night without removing the rear wheel. I used a write up from this forum to assist and as always I am greatly appreciative of all the accurate and outstanding help on this site. From start to stop took me 45 minutes including lubricating the needle bearings in the relay arm. I hope the new shock goes in as easliy as the old one came out!

:fingers-crossed-emo