IGNORED

Which is Best.

Condor

HUH? "Very early on" I did coast to coast WITHOUT a fairing. I'm sure there are many others here who did that too early on. If I had a fairing I wouldn't have been hit in the chest by a Mallard at 65 mph just east of Moose Jaw, SK.

So everyone, tell me, how far have you gone without a fairing?

Swifty, do you really want to open that can of worms ?:rotf:

:backinmyday:

yes he does

from MS Coast to NJ and PA to my old stomping ground in phily for gramps funeral and back long ride running straight thru 18 hrs. up almost missed the funneral over 1500 mi. one way and yes i was speeding no winshield or faring on a shadow 1100 4 speed those were the days took my time going back home though trip up beat me bad

Actually :rotf::cool10::rotf::cool10: neither the frame mounted fairing or the front-end mounted fairing is better...than...riding with NO fairing...while bare-chested...in a hail storm...with a 50 mph crosswind...and a VW microbus full of dope smoking hippies following you...because they need to draft behind you to avoid the hail on their windshield...because their wipers don't work...and the cops are chasing them...up a hill...and the fastest they can go is 40 mph...up that same hill...which is slower than the 50 mph crosswinds...that are pushing then back down the hill...and the cop is slowing as fast as he can...to avoid the VW microbus from being blown back into the cop car...all the while...you are riding the bike with no fairing...with your hairy bare-chest sticking out in the wind...testing your manliness up against the forces of the hail storm...and smiling all the way home.

Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance, forever and a day....

That was hilarious Miles. The fact you were able to come up with the VW goes 40, but the crosswinds are 50 mph is my favorite part. You should write children's books. Or write for the sci-FI network...

Actually :rotf::cool10::rotf::cool10: neither the frame mounted fairing or the front-end mounted fairing is better...than...riding with NO fairing...while bare-chested...in a hail storm...with a 50 mph crosswind...and a VW microbus full of dope smoking hippies following you...because they need to draft behind you to avoid the hail on their windshield...because their wipers don't work...and the cops are chasing them...up a hill...and the fastest they can go is 40 mph...up that same hill...which is slower than the 50 mph crosswinds...that are pushing then back down the hill...and the cop is slowing as fast as he can...to avoid the VW microbus from being blown back into the cop car...all the while...you are riding the bike with no fairing...with your hairy bare-chest sticking out in the wind...testing your manliness up against the forces of the hail storm...and smiling all the way home.

Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance, forever and a day....

Miles scored on some LSD again.... :sign woo hoo::sign20:

I have had three bikes that have fixed farings and one handlebar mounted. 2004 Goldwing 1992 venture Royale, and 2007 Venture 2008 FJR, personally I like the handle bar mounted as it leaves better room for my long legs. Personally there seems to be a large blind spot just in front of the bikes with the fixed farings, not a big problem except when trying to get the bikes on a trailer using a plank. Bigger problem is wind noise coming from where the forks go down through the fixed farings. Probably why the Goldwing seems noisier at eightymph than the venture. Noise is worse if the windshield vent is closed. Fixed farings look better, more complete rather than looking like an afterthought

Al

I have test driven the Kawasaki Voyager which is frame mounted and of course I have an 06 RSV. I prefer the RSV overall, but was impressed with the minor benefits of the fixed fairing.

A far as having a Yamadavidson, I have a sticker on my bike that says "Hardley a Davidson" I giggle every time I look at it. I have owned two harley's and won't have another unless they quite being so damned proud of them. $$

Ride safe all

Mongo