IGNORED

vertically challenged riders

I needed a little help to get up and over the seat. So I added two footpegs to the venture for easier mount and dismount. 1" stainlesssteel rod, 2 solid metal handle grips, 2 u-bolts, 2 rubber bumpers. I got those from the tank and passenger din plug mounts and some set screws and wala! Its nice when you can stand up and stretch your legs while stopped or moving if you don't have runing boards.

I needed a little help to get up and over the seat. So I added two footpegs to the venture for easier mount and dismount. 1" stainlesssteel rod, 2 solid metal handle grips, 2 u-bolts, 2 rubber bumpers. I got those from the tank and passenger din plug mounts and some set screws and wala! Its nice when you can stand up and stretch your legs while stopped or moving if you don't have runing boards.

Who got your running boards?

Here is what I did for the wife a few years back she loves it

so she can stretch her legs out. this can only be done on a trike though.

[ATTACH]75286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75289[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75291[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75292[/ATTACH]

You could lower the front forks in the triple tree also to lower. But if your happy with it, thats who you need to please.

How do you lower the front forks? Do you loosen the bolts on the tree and let the forks come up out of the top tree about 1/2" or so?

Yes basicly. Loosen fork clamps and slide tubes up. I think you can get as much as an inch. There is a tech article on the site here I belive. thanks to Freebird. Easiest would be to take the tank off, but I couldnt for the life of me at that time figure out how to get the thing off. I layed a moving blanket on top of the tank to keep from dinging it up. I got to do it twice, when I forgot to put the chrome covers back on. :no-no-no:

With the top polished alum cover thing off I measured from top of triple tree to a ridge on the top of fork tube. I used a pair of dial calipers and set both sides to the same heighth. I did end up having to take the front wheel off, as I couldnt get the forks to slide with the weight of the wheel in there. Once wheel off was a lot easier to precisley set forks too.

I already have the front end off the trike so thats know problem right now. Having the forks chromed and the sleeves polished. Had the front front chrome. Chrome pros. did a great job on that. It doesnt look weird having the tubes stick out ? Is there any chance that the fender will hit the running lights or does it bottom out before hitting any of that stuff? Just wondering. Like you say, its no fun having to take it apart again to change it back.