IGNORED

New Web Browser

SilvrT

I've been using this product for several years and have always found it to be my fav. Well, they have a new version out now so thought maybe some of you would be into checking it out as an alternative to whatever you're now using.

Maxthon Cloud Browser

http://www.maxthon.com/

What PC Mag says...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2408060,00.asp

I too have been using it some, it is fast and easy to use. Much better than IE, which I have not used in years.

There are 3 features I've always liked about Maxthon;

1. if you drag a link with your mouse, even just a little bit, it will open it in a new tab.

2. if you click on a new (blank) tab, you get a screen where you can save your most used websites and in Maxthon Cloud, you now get 4 pages

3. Magic Fill saves your login info for sites you frequently log into.

it sounds like firefox clone

Maxthon has been around a bit longer than FireFox but a lot of folks don't know. It's was originally known as MyIE2 and I've been using it since then which was about 2003.

Granted, FireFox is a spin-off of Netscape Navigator which of course was one of the first popular browsers.

Maxthon has been a "leader" in some of the features that it took both FireFox, IE and the others a while to catch up to.

• 2011- Maxthon forges new distribution partnerships with Fuhu and Kingston.
  • 2011- Maxthon Android Browser for Tablets is released.
  • 2010- Maxthon for Android reinvents touch screen mobile browsing. Maxthon browser reaches 500,000,000 downloads.
  • 2009- Maxthon 3 for desktop debuts and is chosen to appear on the European ´browser ballot´ screen.
  • 2008- Maxthon becomes the first browser to offer cloud-based services for syncing bookmarks and history.
  • 2007- Maxthon becomes the first browser to offer sandboxed tabs for added security. Maxthon wins its second Webware 100 Award, defeating all other browsers.
  • 2006- Maxthon partners with Google, Microsoft, Baidu and Yandex.
  • 2005- Maxthon becomes the first browser with tabs.
  • 2004- MyIE2 becomes Maxthon, expanding the public’s expectations of the true power of an innovative browser.
  • 2003- MyIE2 redefines browsing.

Guest tx2sturgis

Granted, FireFox is a spin-off of Netscape Navigator which of course was one of the first popular browsers.

Which of course, was invented by my neighbor, Jim Clark. :smile5:

Seriously, the inventer of Netscape is from Plainview. He now sails around the world on one of his yachts. Now and then, he flies back into Plainview on one of his jets to visit his mom. (Or used to...I dont know if she is still alive.)

Skeptical huh?

Ok read this...or at least, scan the part about Netscape:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Clark

All of you...every single ONE of you reading this, is using a browser that is in part, a descendent of the original Netscape Navigator, invented by a man from right here in Plainview Texas.

This information and 2 dollars might buy you a Starbucks latte. Or maybe not.

(you notice I didnt say he invented the internet...we all know who did THAT!)

:stirthepot:

Ok...carry on...