IGNORED

Got Him!!

Yammer Dan

Forgot to post this. We lost the only one we have lost since opening our new prison in 94 last month. A female officer helped him sneak out when he was in the Work Camp we have on our complex. He wasn't inside our Perimeter. But he was ours. And she is not any more!! Locked up!! Hope she gets some serious time. We caught him 2 days ago. In a stolen car with a gun. SMART!! Trade a 5 week for a 1 to 10 on the gun, 5 Flat for Escape, Not sure on the car. I have him back in my Max unit with a big knot on his head...... Don't know anything about that:think:

They always come back dont they? One day somewhere someone turns em in or a sharp officer spots em....but they always come back!

As for the officer...there is not much good I can say about that. Our women work very hard to get past the stigma of working in a male jail...this behaviour ruins it for all those honest ones that have done their best to do the job.....we have had a couple of those bad ones too Dan. They got run out as well.

Make sure you make him a hot chocolate as a welcome back!:rotf:

You are right Rick. We have some females that are Great at this job. My assistant is a female and when I got hrown into the position I am now I wouldn't have made it without her. The paperwork swamped me but I can now do almost anything required of me and if not I just call for her!! We have had several bad ones but several bad males also. Caught on that was selling booze and knifes to them. I got to walk him off the complex. He won't forget that trip. Not a job for everybody.

Guest KitCarson

I have done a couple plumbing jobs at our local prison......got to know a couple of the guards.......er Officers......just kidding lol!! I had an officer and a work crew made up of prisoners for the last job.......one of the inmates had two days to go.....hid in a food truck and got caught at the gate....got another few years......traded two days for ten years most likely.

To those who do not know......working as an Officer at a prison is not a wonderful job.......takes a certain kind of person........not a job I would want, I was glad to be done and out of there myself.

So to the job all of you do:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did 10 years in a level VI pen, before all the non-contact electric gates, etc. We didn't even have door slots for feeding for more than a year.

Common story about the female CO getting messed-up with the convict.

I was a shift supervisor & ran the 'Yard Crew' [Emergency Response Team] for most my time.

None of that Garner v Tennessee in the pen.

I often miss that work, anything could 'hit-the-fan' at any second.

Overall, it sure beat my time as a street cop in the Detroit area [b-o-r-i-n-g].

We always had the clown "With a big knot on his head"...report always states how he fell down the stairs.

They have real [certified] COs up there [Min. 21 age, College req, 16 week academy, tough standards, etc.] Hiring process usually takes at least a year.

Here in Kansas, they still use the "Guard System" [must be 19, have GED, Pee test, & toss new hires keys on 1st day].

No sidearms allowed for transportation, for prisons or jails. GO FIGURE.

Thats the reason we dont carry in our place.

Our Emergency Response Unit now....well they have differant tools to ensure they always win!

That was a fun part of career...I no longer do that work....got too old and fat....leave that for the young bucks. Now, I just call em in to take care of business and fill out the reports justifying my use of force!

All that paperwork makes you hesitate. Then when you have to do it make sure they remember it so you don't have to do it again! When you take them outside for anything that is the closest they will be to freedom for a while. I make sure my 40 Cal is where I need it and not where he needs it. The Convict had officer Wrotten's weapon and he was on the floor. He didn't need to but shot him anyway. Only got life with out. Judge claimed that was harsher sentence than frying him. Have had a couple times when you know loosing is not a option. We CHEAT!

All I can say is I don't envy the work you guys do, but I sure as hell appreciate it!

Well...thank thee sir! 3years and 2 months to go...then I am done this business. Gonna drive a school bus in the non biking season...figure a load of screaming kids cant be worse than what we put up with now!

Do that for a couple years till Marilyn retires then freedom!!

Yammer;

It's addicting, isn't it? Despite all the grief from above.

The one thing that bothered me most, was having to use a video camera for 'anything' that may require force....cell extractions...& even at prisoner requests.

It really complicated our creative 'Use of Force' reports. However, for special convicts, the camera caught a lot of ceiling, floor & blank walls.

Q. How many COs does it take to put a convict in the infirmary?

A. None. He fell down.

Yammer;

It's addicting, isn't it? Despite all the grief from above.

The one thing that bothered me most, was having to use a video camera for 'anything' that may require force....cell extractions...& even at prisoner requests.

It really complicated our creative 'Use of Force' reports. However, for special convicts, the camera caught a lot of ceiling, floor & blank walls.

Q. How many COs does it take to put a convict in the infirmary?

A. None. He fell down.

A good camera man is the most important member of the team.. "Hey why didn't somebody tell me that lens cap was still on there???"

Convicts fall down a lot. Never could understand that:think:

Dan keep a spare cell available. The neighbor must have got a new toy. He has been shooting every day. I didn't know a felon could own a gun? Funny thing he manages to hide them when a hint of law enforcement is in his area. Must be listening to the scanner.

A good camera man is the most important member of the team.. "Hey why didn't somebody tell me that lens cap was still on there???"

Convicts fall down a lot. Never could understand that:think:

Whenever I worked the camera...I found it amazing how easy it was to get "jostled" and the camera would suddenly shoot upwards or down.

Whenever I worked the camera...I found it amazing how easy it was to get "jostled" and the camera would suddenly shoot upwards or down.

Hard to back up and say "Hey Can we shoot that again?" Convicts don't hold up too well for retakes.

My son is a Correctional Officer in Georgia at a rental prison.

(Little Yammer) Got him up here to tour our place and he said "How do you keep it so quiet?" He has a lot of gang activity there I guess. Don't think I want that one. About all we have is a bunch of wanna be gangsters.

Our job can be interesting at times.

Thanks for all the thanks. Guess I'll keep at it for a while. Kind of like telling people NO for a living...