IGNORED

HF motorcycle lift table

Jayceesfolly

Eventually I intend to get a lift table for the trike. While at Hannigan's I noticed that they use the Handy brand of lifts for their shop work. Looked plenty stout enough. Didn't know their ratings. Trike weighs in at about 1250 lbs so you do need a strong & stable lift.

Larry

Guest scarylarry

Thanks for the info, I'm not vertically challenged at 6'4 but I could issues securing the bike down at first and like you said it is all in getting use to it...

Only time I use CO lift is for my tires, oil changes is another story..

I have always gotten the bike upright straight and when the oil stops draining lean it on the stand and get a another glass full or more from it...:confused24:

Also I have nice cushion for that milk crate, at my age body parts will hurts that I didn't know exist...:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thanks good write up...

Almost forgot. The pivoting angle and the upright are pretty loose inside the bracket of the chock. It translates into bike wobble. I grabbed a bag of narrow rim (SAE) washers, or maybe metric ones and shimmed between the angle iron and the pivoting lock. Tride to put an equal amount on each side while threading the rod through. I actually used enough that I had to push them down in with a flat tip screwdriver. The "flipper" was a bit tight until I used some silicone spray, then it was fine. Did the same to the upright where the tire hits. It is a small thing but the whole mechanism is very snug now. When I dismount the bike is secure. Not sure what it would take to yank it over, but the force would be considerable.

JB

Eventually I intend to get a lift table for the trike. While at Hannigan's I noticed that they use the Handy brand of lifts for their shop work. Looked plenty stout enough. Didn't know their ratings. Trike weighs in at about 1250 lbs so you do need a strong & stable lift.

Larry

Get one made for a trike. Figure 1500lb. capacity. A trike lift has a bit different bracing and geometry to avoid flopping over or buckling. The other choice is Greg Smith Equipment. He sells a 1500lb. lift with wings on each side suitable for the big 4-wheelers with side by side seating. Or a lift set up for big golf carts.

Edited by lonestarmedic

Hmmmmmmmm, I may have to reconsider. I like the outrigger idea. I must ponder this for awhile, plus make room in the garage. I am pretty much out of room. Mary keeps telling me to build a shed for the lawn equiptment. Hmmmmm, that would give me room for a lift AND a project bike!! Oh the gear are a spinning in my head............

Hmmmmmmmm, I may have to reconsider. I like the outrigger idea. I must ponder this for awhile, plus make room in the garage. I am pretty much out of room. Mary keeps telling me to build a shed for the lawn equiptment. Hmmmmm, that would give me room for a lift AND a project bike!! Oh the gear are a spinning in my head............

When you build the shed, make it a 30 x 60 shed.......

Now that should get your gears turning.....

When you build the shed, make it a 30 x 60 shed.......

Now that should get your gears turning.....

Can't go that big. Limited to 200 sq foot. Association rule. Keeps poeple from building something too big for the neighborhood. Plus I have to make it match the house, which is easily done. I just need to get around to it.

Get one made for a trike. Figure 1500lb. capacity. A trike lift has a bit different bracing and geometry to avoid flopping over or buckling. The other choice is Greg Smith Equipment. He sells a 1500lb. lift with wings on each side suitable for the big 4-wheelers with side by side seating. Or a lift set up for big golf carts.

Ya a guy would have a serious pucker factor with his bike on a lift like pictured. I'm sure Hannigan uses a trike rated lift.

Larry

Put the glide up yesterday, a little scary. I like the wood sides idea.

I here you on a stock lift. Especially if the tie down poins are low on the bike like yours. Getting off and strapping down cannot be easy.

Trick for coming down backwards on ramps. Put the bike in 1st gear and leave the brakes alone. Use the clutch to control descent. Always seems to be more controlled to me. With feet on the ground you tend to skid the front wheel on occasion with the brake. Clutch feathering works better for me.

JB