IGNORED

No Mo Ammo

Yama Mama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to 3 different stores yesterday looking for ammo. Cheaper Than Dirt- Only odd calibers in stock, Cabelas, same story, 10mm, 357 Sig... ect. Academy Sports no handgun ammo at all in stock.

The guy at Cabelas told me a strange story. He said that as employees they have no idea when shipments of new guns and ammo will come in. He said he shows up for work most days and the place opens up and people start to trickle in as usual. Then about every 7-10 days he will show up for work and the parking lot is full and a line wraps around the building waiting to get in. Sure enough, a new shipment of guns and ammo will be waiting to be put on the shelves.

Then I read the sign at the register. "Ammo sales only for range. No ammo available for purchasing and leaving."

I,m not sure how I feel about that.... Buy their ammo... plenty for their range but none for us to take home...

Stopped by my local gun store yesterday. Same thing.....Sign read--Ammo sales for range use only. They would sell me hollow points tho. I can see limiting people to 2 boxes, but this is just self serving. I have bought all my new bows, guns, ammo, reloading items from them for the last 30 years for myself and the kids. I have a 100 yd shootiong range at my house and don't need to spend more money to use their range.

I just hope the people hording ammo are storeing it properly so it won't go bad.

Tried to get some .22 Long Rifle stuff for plinking and varmints etc. Store told me 2 months before they get any in. Totally nuts. Never mind 9mm, .40 S and W, or .223/5.56. Its all hard to find. Up here handgun ammo, alot of rifle/hunting cartridges etc. are gone or in short supply. I think on the hunting rifle stuff, guys are buying extra because price will go up on all of it.

A lot of ammo for sale on armslist. Trouble is trying to get it shipped to you. Bought 200 rounds of 9mm buy they cant get ups to ship unless its a business they deal with.

Joe