IGNORED

Rode Yesterday, Blizzard today?

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: Mild winter again so far this year. Managed to get in 100 mile ride yesterday. Blizzard warning later today for the remainder of the weekend. Snow and 50 mph winds forecasted. I checked propane and brought the John Deere 4230 from town back out to the farm yesterday. Checking the generator and snowblower this morning just in case. Prepairing for the worst hoping for the best.:)

Hi Mark: I just pulled up a weather map and see you're right in the bullseye of a blizzard warning. Hope you get through it ok. I'm jealous that you've already been out on the bike. I don't expect to be able to get mine out for a couple of months yet.

Take care,

Glenn

Jaylyn and I got out for a 90 minute ride today with a Starbucks stop in between. Weather here featured a cloudless sky, 45 degrees, no wind. It was glorious. We sat outside at Starbucks as we were dressed too warmly to be comfortable inside.

Jaylyn has appropriated my 1984 VR, forcing me to ride my Goldwing. My recent purchase, a 1987 VR is going to be my preferred ride as soon as I get her mechanical difficulties attended to.

For all of you who must wait for weeks or even months to start riding again, well you have my heartfelt sympahies.

Howard

Phoneman,

By the beginning of your post, I would have believed you were from Oklahoma.....that is until you mentioned snow... we've not seen much of that in the last couple of years. But the same is true here, great riding day one day then cold the next. But I guess, in retrospect, we do get to ride in the winter from time to time!

Hey Mark, did you get pounded yet? We are supposed to get the same storm starting tonight, upwards of 12 inches or more with the same high winds. More snow tomorrow as well. We will take it though. Any moisture is a good thing. I'm sure you guys are probobly drier than we are. I have the tractor plugged in and the generator is in the garage ready to go as well. No riding for us though, we have snowpacked roads up here.

11:00 p.m. and it is really snowing. Flakes are huge. I'd guess 2 inches already and lucky no wind as of yet. Weatherman says winds will gust to 50 mph tomorrow......Yay!!! (insert sarcasm here!) Supposed to carry over to monday morning.

Guest tx2sturgis

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj71/r60slash5/382259_10151429192644301_1504661397_n_zps857ea028.jpg

Dang. We're only gonna get a small amount. I was hoping for enough snow to give the new Ural a little test...like these guys in Durham NH.

oh well...

:cool10:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Good Morning: 7:00 A.M. High winds and some snow arrived during the night. But it looks like the heavy snow missed Scottsbluff so far. I am on call this weekend so, I stayed in town at my employers new corporate apartment. Nice basement apartment, quiet and warm but no windows. Like living in a bunker. :)

8:00 A.M.--- 9 inches of snow right now, wind supposed to really blow mid afternoon. Still snowing hard with huge flakes. Wind is probly 10 to 20 mph right now. Visibility is about 200 yards or so. Looks like tomorrow will be a long day moving a lot of snow...

Almost 5:00 p.m., easily over a foot of snow. Weatherman says up to 15 inches possible. Record snowfall for this date is 3.4 inches set in 1948. It is still snowing and blowing. I am tempted to start trying to move some of this snow, but I'm afraid it will just make it worse. Every ridge will drift that much deeper. Guess I can start early in the morning.

Hello: The snow missed us. We only got a skiff driven by 50 mph winds. Tumble weeds blown in are taller than the screen door! In my opinion we were lucky since the winds were so strong. Those tyes of storms are simply nuisance storms and usually do more harm than good. Hoping for a rainy spring. :)

Interstate 90 going from east to west across state basically from Sioux Falls to Murdo (most of the way across) is closed. So is Interstate 29 from Watertown SD (east central) I think all the way to Fargo ND. I know it is closed to the ND state line. Not good out there at all. I walked down to the shop to make sure tractor was ready for morning. Snow is mid shin to knee deep and crusted pretty hard. I had to stop and rest about 4 times in 120 yards. Im guessing about 4 hours of snow moving with tractor, loader, and tractor snowblower tomorrow. All schools are cancelled.