IGNORED

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly !

Miles

Wow, A long trip to Alaska and another long trip to South America and no pictures to show for it. That is some really lousy luck.

Okay, midnightventure...I get the pun now. Being that you are from Missouri, the "Show Me" state...you want pictures. I get it, now. It took me a few hours to get that pun.

:)

Guest tx2sturgis

Its a shame you didnt watch this video the night before:

:whistling:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM&feature=player_embedded]Self Defense - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by tx2sturgis

Its a shame you didnt watch this video the night before:

:whistling:

Darn it, Brian. If you would have posted that video the night before I was run into by a car, and then mugged at gunpoint, I may have been able to fend these banditos off with, maybe a spatula. I should have had a large Texas Star on the back of my saddlebags, then they would have known not to mess with me.:rotf:

Brian... that video is entirely BOGUS!

Just watch Dept of homeland security video on what to do if you are comfronted by someone with a gun.

According to them, all he would have needed, are a pair of scissors....and quite possibly a desk to hide under... Doh!:doh:

Glad your OK. 5 or 6 years ago when the media started talking about how the banditos are getting prettty brasin down there the wife and I pretty much decided Mexico was off our tour schedule. To bad too, as we had a nice vaction at one of them all inclusive deals several years back. But no way I would spend my time or money down there the way things are right now. Heck we can get a cruise from Miami for 4 days to Cancun or Cozmel for like $350, but wont even think about it.

Glad your OK. 5 or 6 years ago when the media started talking about how the banditos are getting prettty brasin down there the wife and I pretty much decided Mexico was off our tour schedule. To bad too, as we had a nice vaction at one of them all inclusive deals several years back. But no way I would spend my time or money down there the way things are right now. Heck we can get a cruise from Miami for 4 days to Cancun or Cozmel for like $350, but wont even think about it.

Same here....

Glad to hear you made it back and enjoyed most of your ride.

Certainly looking forward to reading whatever bit of a ride report you decide to put together.

As others have said -- listen to the doctor and take the time to heal up before pushing it too much...

Miles you are one tough bird.Your story is absolutley amazing and I am glad you survived to tell it.

Amen to that. It was a story that we are all glad had a reasonably happy end. You shared some good tips in the story such as adding to first aid kit, spreading valuables about yourself and bike, remaining calm under life threatening scenarios, and focusing under adversity. You are awesome! Get well soon.

Mexico was on my bucket list....:think:

Dan, southern Mexico is not too bad. Stick to the coastal towns, and they are very interested in tourist dollars, so the local policia do a much better job of containing the undesireable elements around the tourist areas. Going inland it gets worse, but...getting up to the northern Mexico area, it gets really bad. It was interesting that we had no problems at all in all the Central American towns we stopped in, and no problems at all in Columbia, South America. It may have been that the Dakar Rally brought such a heavy attenmdance of policia from all around, that the banditos were hiding. There are many beautiful people, places, and foods in the far south, such as Bolivia and Chile'. Easch day we had some of the best fresh fruits and veggies to eat. The people were colorful, friendly, and welcoming. Yes, they wanted our tourist dollars, but isn't that true anywhere that thrives on making money from tourism?