IGNORED

U.S. Passport Card

Freebird

This may have been mentioned here before but I missed it if it has. I think this is the route I'm going to go for my wife. Heck, for $20.00 I think I'll get me one also. I have a Passport but wouldn't mind having this handy in my wallet. Eileen doesn't have a Passport so hers will be $45.00. Still, a cheaper alternative for any of you needing one.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

Wow another price increse for the pass ports!!

Glad I got mine last year. Still I'll probably get one of those wallet cards too. Much easier to tote along or keep it with you all the times.

Larry

Wife and I got ours 2 years ago. Just happen to be talking with the clerk at the post office and she said prices were going up. Went and got daughter's sent off quick.

Bronson

Well, I'm not citizen and I have my passport, but from an outsider:

Don't you have already so many plastics?

this is one of the few places where is so dificult to identify yourself and so easy to make any oficial tramit only with your birth certificate.

Like if a birth certificate is something that cannot be a good fraud.

On another places in the world, driver license is a county issue, ID is Federal matter, and also to vote and when that existed, to enroll on the military service.

And if you think that here is expensive, a passport has a cost of 80$ (in argentinian pesos about 240), driver license about 60$ (180 pesos) and ID about 40 dolars (120 pesos). And if you want to compare, the annual basic salary is about 3600 dolars.

I here a lot of time that about: I don't want the government knows what I'm doing or where i'm going.

So, do you want border control or not?

Remember that everyone without good intentions can say exactly that.

Also, What if the risk is comming from inside? Should they be need to identify it?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm far from believe that we need a new Gestapo (even when a lot acts like they are already enroled on it).

Nothing is perfect, and security afects everyone. So, all of us need to modify something on our lifes to allow all are safer.

PD: Please don't send me any enrollment form to KKK, or any other save the world institution.

Carlos

:bobby:

I just called the post office and the feds get $75, $25 processing fee and another $15 for something, and tomorrow it goes up $3.00.

Guess when I ever need one, I'll go and get one.

Steve

Goes up only $3.00? They told me $30.00. Maybe they kickback for issueing more. Oh well. Had to be done anyhow.

:buttkick::scubadive:

This may have been mentioned here before but I missed it if it has. I think this is the route I'm going to go for my wife. Heck, for $20.00 I think I'll get me one also. I have a Passport but wouldn't mind having this handy in my wallet. Eileen doesn't have a Passport so hers will be $45.00. Still, a cheaper alternative for any of you needing one.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

There was quite a bit of info in this thread also. Thanks for the reminder!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18434

Why do so many countries require passports?

The U.S has a much easier policy...."Just come on in, get a job, education, medical coverage, etc." No Charge.