IGNORED

Sirius Radio

1 - UP

I have noticed that most of you talk about XM radios and how you mounted the ant. etc. Does any one out there have a Sirius radio? or am I the only one? I had one in my vehicle and when I bought a new car it came with Sirius in it. So I moved the other one to my bike. I do have trouble keeping a good station, but I have ordered a "Sirius FM direct adapter/modulator from My Radio Store in hopes that will improve my signal. It should be here sometime this week.

The radio and ant. are mounted on the left handle bar. I'm thinking about moving the ant. to the back of the bike. Any suggestions out there.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken I switched from xm to sirius whne xm dropped Nascar.I am using the xm antenna on the blonde and dirct wired it to through the tape deck and have no fade out problems.When I use it on the other bikes or in the car it fades with the sirius antenna but not to bad I mounted the antenna on the left HB on a bracket I made.

Jeff

I wired my Sirius direct to the back of the radio, and while I had the fairing split, I mounted the antenna to the top of the radio with double faced tape. I also put a remote power outlet in there so that it doesn't tie up the power point in the fairing. Works great.

I have Sirius...I mounted the antenna to the top of the dash under the windshield and only see signal loss in heavy trees and under bridges, other than that it works great....I wired into a splitter under the fairing, and added power outlet inside fairing for power....I would suggest that your antenna might be bad or depending on how it was ran in your old vehicle that maybe the cable was crushed causing the issue, I would start there with it. As far as I know the FM Direct just is for getting the sound to your current radio not for the signal from the satellites.

Ken, I have a Sirius that I use on the 1st gen and the V star, on the Venture I have it set to 95.4 fm and comes thru fine as long as I have the cd player on pause,it blocks the signals to the radio and allows the sirius to come thru, but if I turn the cd player off I will loose the signal if there is an fm station broadcasting on that freq.

As for the V star, I have it going directiy thru a small amp coming from the line out on the Sirius.

Jeff , How did you wire in to the back of your radio? Do you have a stock unit?....Fred

Sorry Fred my net connection has been iffy this week.

I soldered to the back of the circiut board in the tape deck now no matter where I tune the radio to I got Satelite with no radio wave bleed through.

After I go get Minis car tommorow (I blew the engine monday) I will take the tape deck apart and take some pics for ya.

Jeff

I have Sirius with the FM modulator on the bike and the expedition. I also have one in my company truck but it isn't modulated. The modulator is way better than without but out in the middle of southern Alberta I don't get a lot of interferance from radio stations.

Up Date,

I have installed the modulator on my bike and it worked just fine sitting in my driveway. Today I'm going on a little trip and I'll find out more. So far I haven't had to change out the Sirius ant. It was easy to hook up, a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I put the modulator next to the radio after splitting the fairing.

Thanks for all the comments.

Ken

Hello Ken I had Sirius radio for three years now. I have it on the bike in my truck and in the house. At first I had a problem on the bike with the ant. Had to try a few different location before I found one that worked well. (for best reception) I found mounting the ant on top of the dash inside of the windshield worked well. I ran the ant wire down into the fearing. (fearing and windshield removed) Planing on remounting this year. Check out the pic below.

Modulator is in (Friday) and I have taken two trips with no problems at all. Taking off again today and going up to Daytona (again). It sure is nice not haveing to find a different FM station so I can listen to my radio.

Ken:)