IGNORED

Question for you "Plastex" experts

SilvrT

From what material and what method do you use to make a mold to make a replacement tab ... those tabs that, for example, hold the side covers on on a 1st gen.??

I'm thinking a mold where you'd pour the Plastex into and then once hardened, the mold could be either simply removed (such as a 2-piece mold) or just broken off.

Pics and instructions would be great... do we already have this somewhere???

When I bought my PlasticX kit, it came with a few retangular pieces of heatable plastic sticks. You put the plastic sticks in boiling hot water. Take the plastic sticks out and then mold it over a good tab. Once cooled then remove the molded plastic stick, let it harden. Now pore the black PasticX powder into the mold then add the chemical and stir. Actually I put some powder in then chemical then stir then repeat until desired concinsisity. Then push the mold onto the broken tab and let it set over night. Hope this is clear as mud.

The kit also comes with a small DVD. How to do instructions.

When I bought my PlasticX kit, it came with a few retangular pieces of heatable plastic sticks. You put the plastic sticks in boiling hot water. Take the plastic sticks out and then mold it over a good tab. Once cooled then remove the molded plastic stick, let it harden. Now pore the black PasticX powder into the mold then add the chemical and stir. Actually I put some powder in then chemical then stir then repeat until desired concinsisity. Then push the mold onto the broken tab and let it set over night. Hope this is clear as mud.

The kit also comes with a small DVD. How to do instructions.

Sounds simple enuf but ... how do you get the mold off the tab when it is wrapped around the indent (as in the att'd pic)?

[ATTACH]73011[/ATTACH]

So I'm guessing that the round push knobs broke off. I took the advise from this group a couple of years ago.

Drilled out the broken end installed the ball stud with nut. Works great.

Side Cover Push Connectors:

OK, after double checking Russel's size of the ball stud it turns out to be 5/16"thread with a 10mm ball. It can be found at McMaster-Carr and is Sku#9512K73. It makes the best replacement I've seen, and it's because of Russ's diligent searching... Many Thanks..

So I'm guessing that the round push knobs broke off. I took the advise from this group a couple of years ago.

Drilled out the broken end installed the ball stud with nut. Works great.

Side Cover Push Connectors:

OK, after double checking Russel's size of the ball stud it turns out to be 5/16"thread with a 10mm ball. It can be found at McMaster-Carr and is Sku#9512K73. It makes the best replacement I've seen, and it's because of Russ's diligent searching... Many Thanks..

I knew of that option and thanks for specifying the size to use coz I was wondering about that. I'm hoping that I can find such an animal somewhere local; however, when I read about using those (like you, a couple years ago) ... I've been keeping an "eye out" for them but have not seen any anywhere although I haven't been dilligent while looking.