First let me say welcome to the nuthouse. You can check out anytime but you can never leave. Go ahead and spring for the membership, you won't regret it.

As to the answer to your question, the regulator doesn't put out any kind of power itself, it just regulates how much is fed to your battery and system from the stator. If your battery is staying charged, then your charging system is doing what it should. If you've added a lot of power consuming accessories, then you may be taxing the power output of the stator. If this is the case then you'll either have to eliminate something or go with a higher output stator.

Some of the more talented folks on here may can help if you just hang around awhile.

Again, Welcome to the site!!!

Only when I am 2 up with fuul heat and grips.

I hade a 07 rstd with 120000 mi with ricks stater but never changed the regulator

and never saw much change.

So I wase thinking if a high output regulator would allow just a little more power to the battery I could get away with out replacing the stater?

Would like to still have the 07 rstd wase hoping to hite 200000mi.

But some one decided they did not like it ran a red light and that wase the end of it.

Only when I am 2 up with fuul heat and grips.

I hade a 07 rstd with 120000 mi with ricks stater but never changed the regulator

and never saw much change.

So I wase thinking if a high output regulator would allow just a little more power to the battery I could get away with out replacing the stater?

Would like to still have the 07 rstd wase hoping to hite 200000mi.

But some one decided they did not like it ran a red light and that wase the end of it.

As Kirby said, the regulator has no output. It controls the the voltage being sent to the system and that will normally stay the same for any properly operating regulator. You'll have to either cut down on power usage or go with an upgraded stator. And welcome t the funhouse ... we're all normal here! :stickinouttounge::stickinouttounge::stickinouttounge:

Yep, what they all said. It's easier to shed some load than replacing the stator. Replacing the stator is the only way to get more charging power. The Carb Heaters are the about the largest load that "could" be turned off. I haven't put a switch on my Carb Heaters so I can not say for certain that you won't have any issues after turning them off.

And the Ricks Motorsport Electric stator is OEM replacement, not high output. I have dealt with hem and d like their quality and pricing.

I plan on getting the high output stator from Buckeye. What will I want to get for a regulator?

Carb heaters? :confused24:

The regulator/rectifier sole purpose is to change the AC current that comes off the stator to DC so that it can be used by the bike, and to "regulate" the DC voltage that it sends to the battery.

Like mentioned the only way to increase power output is with a larger stator. it's a '12 with 5 years of warranty, if it's not broke dont worry about it. If it does break, send it in for the dealer to fix :thumbsup2:

And the Ricks Motorsport Electric stator is OEM replacement, not high output. I have dealt with hem and d like their quality and pricing.

I plan on getting the high output stator from Buckeye. What will I want to get for a regulator?

Carb heaters? :confused24:

Your best bet for the regulator is the Shindengen fh012aa or fa020aa. They are high load mosfet regulators. I don't think Shindengen is making the fh012aa any more, but you can still find them. They are basically the same, just a little bit different housing, from what I understand.

Yamaha put carb heaters on the 32mm carbs starting around the 2000 model year, as I recall. Someone correct me, if I'm wrong.

Reading through this thread I did a search for these R/R and came across this site..

http://roadstercycle.com/Shindengen%20FH012AA%20Regulator%20upgrade%20kit.htm

interesting read through the site but I'm not familiar with the system enough to know if what he says is 100% for our type of bikes (last article on the page).. interesting though..

Guest Slab_Ryder

I replaced my R/R this summer. I thought it was the Stator and was going to do the Buckeye High Output. I diagnosed it though and found it was my R/R. Yamaha told me a R/R is an R/R is an R/R.