IGNORED

Well I screwed up, ruined side cover.

Stator went out on my awhile back so I have to replace it, got down to the bolt that holds the retaining cover for the stator wire going out of the case and snap off came the head. So I think ok I will drill it and use and easy out nope broke the stupid easy out in the middle of the bolt. I had thought about drilling to the side of it, tapping it and putting in a smaller bolt but I guess I really should just get a new side cover.

Any thoughts , ideas or just plain jabs for my stupidity are Welcome.

I am hoping I can find someone parting out an engine or has replaced one because it was scratched for cheap.

Looks like a new one cost around 300 bucks.

Joe, it's just a suggestion, but you could buy a carbide drill and drill out the ease out. I've had to do this many times at work. Just take it slow and steady 'cause the carbide drill will break easily. Heck, I've even used a masonry bit to do this after resharpening it so it will cut steel.

We could make fun of you, problem is, most of us have done it at least once.

:sign yeah that:

bongobobny Joe, do yourself, or the next person, a huge favor and replace those phillips head screws with hex head bolts of a decent hardness...
:goodpost:

No way I'm going to bust on ya. 2 of my buds now refer to broken bolts and such as having been "Johnnie'd"

Joe,

Food for thought..

If you could, maybe post a picture of the broken bolt and cover to show those who are not sure what you are speaking of...what NOT to do.

Im thinking of a photo (or two) that would be something we could use in the tech section for further awareness for everyone.