IGNORED

http://windows-xp-update.com

newman

Did you find the website - http://www.windows-xp-update.com useful  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the website - http://www.windows-xp-update.com useful

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to help out the Windows-XP community with a link to my newly created website. I am using Video Tutorials to explain free software and XP System Utilities. I hope you find some useful information on this site and perhaps help some fellow riders out with their technology.

Cheers

Good looking site and very helpfull. A question about the registry clear link, is that a legit program or like others I have seen that are some form of spyware. My computer has been in service about 4 years old and has slowed down due to stuff being added and deleted.

Thanks

Gunny, it's a legit program. It will do a prescan telling you if it found items that need to be cleaned but will then ask you to buy the program to remove them. It is not spyware, but there is a cost to it.

You can also find free utilities out there as well depending on your specific challenge.

Thanks

My laptop just died when I finally put the backup drive on.

Now I have a new SUPER laptop with Vista on it......

I have a few GB of RAM, unlimited storage & a lightning split processor.

Let me know if you come up with something to make it work.

Thanks

:puzzled:

I downloaded and installed the image resizer and all i get is Read Me file.

What the heck?

The image resizer only works as a right click. You find the image you want to change then right click on it and choose resize. It then gives you some standard choices as well as a custom size choice. I use that little utility all the time. Very handy.

Thanks

Somebody once said, "Microsoft Works!"

:confused24: :confused24: :confused24:

I finally replaced my Windows XP Laptop with an upgrade. I went to the Apple store and found a much better laptop and operating system. :cool10:

I am very happy with my new Mac Book Pro.

Thats a way to go.

My PC laptop is garbage after only 3 years, so finally I'm replace'em with MacBook from some fruit company. :whistling:

I now own stock in a fruit company ... as in Mac Pro stock that doesn't hang, or make you wonder what in the heck it's doing, blah blah blah. Funny thing is I'm currently running a 2 node Oracle 11g RAC Cluster using VMWare Fusion on this thing and I can't tell. Processors are about 15% busy. I can hear those Raptor drives workin though. :dancefool:

What's that windoze thing you speak of ?

Sometimes I have to use a Windows only program. I have a laptop just for those few programs. It's running XP on an Intel Dual processor 1.66 GHz and a meg of ram. Windows is friggin' slow!

My Linux desktop runs on an AMD 3800+ (actual processor speed about 2.4 GHz). It boots (the few times I need to boot it) much, much faster than XP. Every program I run loads faster and works faster... significantly faster... than it's Windows equivalent and almost everything I run was free!

I don't use the XP machine on the web much, but I still run anti-virus and anti-spyware on it. Never found anything but some tracking cookies, so it's not that making it slow... it's just slow compared to Linux. My daughter has a machine with Vista and they hate it. I gave them an old/slow box with windows 2000 and they say its faster than their newer Vista box.

I think one reason Gates is getting out now is because he believes Windows has about peaked... maybe already has... and he doesn't want to be involved with the slide.

Hey Guys,

Love all the talk about the "fruit company"....the Mac's are great computers and have their place in this world....however on a Windows PC or Laptop when comparing XP to Vista, XP is by far the leader and perhaps Microsoft realizes that as they are still continuing to offer new computers with the option of XP op system vs VISTA...... I hate Vista,,,,it's a memory hog......

Every hard drive WILL FAIL....it's only a matter of when.

If you have had to use a program called SpinRite from GRC.COM

It's not cheap, around $89 but....it is highly rated and I have used it

before to recover hard drives with about 95% effectiveness.

GRC = Gibson Research Corporation and he is always on TV usually

on Tech TV channel with Leo Laporte. Steve Gibson is a security expert

and writes many different programs, most of which are free except his Spinrite program. This guy is a genius when it comes to writing small effective no BS programs.

So if you have data on a harddrive that you just got to get...i would suggest trying his program. Nothing is 100% or guaranteed but I have used it and it works in recoving a hard drive long enough for you to get the information off of it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks