IGNORED

Rear Lighting

Fladiver40

That's the same light bar you can purhase at a number of places on the internet for about $26.00. I picked one up in Daytona last bike week from one of internet sellers that was in town and with some hardware and wire I had around the shop was able to install it in about the same time.

Take a look.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/?action=view&current=DSCN0361.jpg

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/?action=view&current=DSCN0368.jpg

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/?action=view&current=DSCN0362.jpg

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/royalsteve/?action=view&current=DSCN0360.jpg

The only thing I want to pass on here is know what your buying. There are guys on Ebay that are making a killing on items like this. They will buy them for $20 and sell them for $60 plus shipping. I'm all about folks making money, but that is just plain screwing folks.

Not trying to sound preachy here, but reaserch what it is that you might want to buy. Ebay is not the place it used to be and I have seen used items sell for more than you can buy them new. Some of the folks that sell on ebay could care less about screwing you. And I already here folks yelling at me on their computers. Yes there are people out there that will buy something just because they think it's a deal on Ebay. I just hate when folks will screw someone else and pray on them being oblivious of other options.

Sorry about stealing this thread for a minute, I just dont want to see anyone getting unnessecarily screwed when there are other options available at a lesser cost.....Off Rant :)

I agree with some about greedy E-bay sellers, but it IS an auction site after all, and you have easy ways to cross shop on the internet. I sell some stuff there, and have sold K&N filters for more than they retail for, and even said WHAT the retail price is on the auction and people still bid more than they are worth (not everytime darn it!) :)

I am sure some people just assume since it is on E-bay that it will be a bargain, but you are right, more and more often it is not. Still I have gotten many good deals.

But what I find is that you really have to watch the shipping costs. I have found some good deals with outrageous shipping costs. So be sure to know what that is before bidding.

If you have the typical round rear turn signals, this is a great kit:

http://tinyurl.com/2p9573

This kit is neat, fairly easy and doesn't junk up the back of the bike. I put this on my wifes Honda Shadow and it adds a lot of light with zero looks mods.

I just want to be sure that members here know whats a good deal and whats not. Like I say, I'm not trying to :stirthepot: but some folks aren't as up on things as others and I like to see us have a level playing field :)

As always, if you have any question about anything for the bike or whatnot, just ask. Most of the time you'll get half a dozen folks post links to the same item or similar at a good price. Just a shameless plug here, we do have an area with preferred vendors and it's always good to check them out as most give us a discount :happy34:

Well live and learn your both right... thought i was on to something different ..oh well p.s. nice cat you got there:225:5 cats 2 dogs

Thanks, he is a Devon Rex, we have 2 Devons and 1 Cornish Rex. Neat part is , people that are normally allergic to cats are not allerigic to these breeds. They are very afectionate and you must be a cat lover to own one , bcause they are very demanding of attention.

As far as the lights go it is a case of doing the research before you buy anything and the internet is a great place to to do the research.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I am one of the guys that have been caught in the crossfire

I purchased one of those light bars for $ 59.00 , it looks good but probably paid to much for it. I am a new comer to venturerider but am

having trouble staying off the site , because there is so much to learn.

The next time I buy something I will be asking first. Wonderful site!

how can i get the turn signals to light up? i have 1157 blubs and only one filament burns with the turn signal.can the low beam be lit up for runnig lights by just moving a few wires?

An 1157 bulb has two filament an 1156 bulb has one. The turn signals are hard wired for a single filament (two wires) bulb so you won't be able to light both filament on a 1157 bulb unless you replace the 2 wire bayonet with a 3 wire bayonet in the signal light housings. I looked into doing this some time back but it looked like it was going to be a pain so I didn't. I can be done though if you want to spend some time doing it.

Look at this I just ordered another one to replace the one I have, which is 4 years old and is starting to act funny. I paid $39.00 for it 4 years ago:

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/tristarxp.asp

If you go this route be sure to use the included load equalizer or your signals will flash very fast.

• 1 month later...
Here is the same light bar for $25 at signal dynamics. I have it on my bike and three lights are on all the time and the rest light up when brakes are applied. Come in red are clear lens. Click here .

I have the same bar from Signal Dynamics on my bike...$26.00 for bar...3.00 for part to install...

I to see the Ebay stuff going for way to much...I got caught once myself and ended up buying something that was not as I thought....Not again....

I have discovered and gotten more help with my RSV from members here than anywhere...I hope I can help someone myself sometime....

George In Virignia

Double D How did you mount this light. I have been looking at purchasing this unit and I know someone who just ordered it. Thanks

Mike: Here is what I posted on another thread...

George In Viginia

There is a good write up of how to install using the existing Helmet Locks...took me longer to wrap and run the wiring than to install the light bar....

Go to http://www.venturers.org/ and select Tech Library / 2nd Gen at top of page...

select "Electrical" from the menu options and then scroll down to Signal Dynamics Light Bar Install....two "L" brackets, two speed nut...Lowes/HomeDepot...Very Easy..

Mine was tight enough that I did not add any double sided tape to top of bar...rode all last year with it and no problem....Just a little BLUE loctite on the helmet lock bolt/threads..

George In Vriginia

The only thing I want to pass on here is know what your buying. There are guys on Ebay that are making a killing on items like this. They will buy them for $20 and sell them for $60 plus shipping. I'm all about folks making money, but that is just plain screwing folks.

Not trying to sound preachy here, but reaserch what it is that you might want to buy. Ebay is not the place it used to be and I have seen used items sell for more than you can buy them new. Some of the folks that sell on ebay could care less about screwing you. And I already here folks yelling at me on their computers. Yes there are people out there that will buy something just because they think it's a deal on Ebay. I just hate when folks will screw someone else and pray on them being oblivious of other options.

Sorry about stealing this thread for a minute, I just dont want to see anyone getting unnessecarily screwed when there are other options available at a lesser cost.....Off Rant :)

I have to agree but people buying have to shop around and know what your buying and what prices are somewhere else. I always find something I want and then scour the web to see what they are going for and then I'll check ebay and have an idea what price I'm willing to pay for the item.