IGNORED

Motorcycle Crash

emsrider

Ouch Glad you are still walking Take your accessories off and get something new.. for 9700 you can get a real nice low mileage Venture with Warranty on it...

:sign yeah that: Man, that rash makes me hurt just to see it. Keep it clean and don't let it get infected. Neosporin is your friend.

And thank you for reminding me what it can look like. I may start wearing more gear. :backinmyday: I am reminded of that funny sound of my skin sliding on pavement. And my sister (RN) telling me I belonged in an ER as she cleaned gravel and tar from the rash.

Talking to my local mechanic and after looking at it myself, we believe the frame would be damaged. Also, the left back hard bag is cracked along with the passenger arm rest is cracked. The whole fairing by the radiator is cracked and broken from the frame.

Doesn't sound like it would be worth salvaging or buying from the insurance company (" $6900 if I keep it and $9700 if I turn it over"). If you can... take off anything worth keeping (eg trailer receiver, Stebel horn, added wiring harnesses - horn, trailer... passing light spacer) and let the insurance company take it. Then you could turn around and offer them what you consider a fairer price so you can part out anything else that is undamaged.

Glad you are on this side of the dirt to talk about it. Nasty looking wounds, but you will heal. I'd ask for $10K, and get a new/used bike....there are a million of them out there for a song right now.

My brother always tells me, "dress for the fall, not for the ride". And your pictures show why he is right!

All the best.....