IGNORED

Front Brake upgrade

Well I have searched the threads re this and went out and got a complete setup (in fact 2 set ups) 1 from an 07 roadstar with 14mm master and calipers and all lines inc splitter...#2 is a R6 blue dot caliper complete with master also 14 mm bought the R6 first and will be selling them after install......I am going to use the roadstar m/c and roadstar calipers as they look the same as R6...they have chrome dots .....Are these calipers the same internally? both are 4 piston.....the lines from RSV and roadie are same length banjo looks a little different...I will be replacing stock lines with SS....and EBC pads.....why the use of a Vmax splitter?is it for better flow?.also will roadie floating rotors fit..they are same dia. and have saame # mounting holes

any problems that i might run into

thanks for any info Les

Hey Les,

The Roadstar front calipers have the steel pistons. If you flush/bleed the front brake system yearly, this will minimize the rust problem. Brake fluid should be the color of water, if it is any other color, then it is time for a flush/bleed job. I have a set of aluminum pistons from an R1 if you are interested. Have a look at this link, it shows the S.S. line set I offer with the modified VMAX splitter and S.S. mounting bracket.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4052&title=second-gens-sbrake-2fclutch-5-line-set-21&cat=22

I have it in stock in black, but can order it in Silver, red, blue and green.

I keep a full line of EBC HH pads for your bike in stock.

If you have any other questions, or need parts, please feel free to PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl

I did a little reading here and there. On another venture site a fellow had a write up about "linking" the front and rear brakes. Does this kit do this? Is this something maybe to look into? Is there a brake "upgrade" for the rear. I have read something about an R1 mod. Is that just so you get the alum pistons for the calipers? What does it do for you?

Today I tackled this project..strightforward after following all previous posts and helpfull advice.....swapped out for 07 roadstar calipers with 14mm master from same bike.(ebay find)also changed lower lines to roadstar as they seemed to fit better....Went for a small ride around the block..WHAT a difference...much more control.easier pull on lever..faster and shorter stopping distance..Yamaha should do this upgrade....I cant see if SS lines and vmax splitter can make more difference , same for R6 rotors ..this upgrade seems a good step, will see when riding 2 up and loaded

Now have full set of 08 RSV calipers and M/C for sale

Also R6..calipers no pads for sale $40 plus shipping

• 2 weeks later...