IGNORED

--- Rain !! -----

GeorgeS

Seattle !!!! 80 days and 80 nights, """ AND NO RAIN """ in Seattle !!!!!!!

( well it drizzled one night, about 1/10th of 1/10th of an inch )

Maby this is a " Sign " from " On High " !!! something, is, ( or must be ) going to

happen !!!!! Hmmmmm ??? what could it be ???? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Added, comment:

--- As a result of this situation, I have been forced to " go rideing " Every Day !!!!!!

Edited by GeorgeS

Seattle !!!! 80 days and 80 nights, """ AND NO RAIN """ in Seattle !!!!!!!

( well it drizzled one night, about 1/10th of 1/10th of an inch )

Maby this is a " Sign " from " On High " !!! something, is, ( or must be ) going to

happen !!!!! Hmmmmm ??? what could it be ???? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

About the same for us up here in Vancouver!

All that bichin and complainin I was doing back in the spring seems to have paid off! :banana: It ain't gonna last much longer tho ... the forecast is for RAIN next weekend! :crying:

Yes...of course...GeorgeS is correct. The Seattle/Puget Sound area and all of Western Washington has had only 3/100ths of an inch of rain in the past 80 days. That is SO rare for us that it is now an official record...since the time they started keeping records, back in the caveman days.

A lot of people like the sunshine, and love the extra days of riding. But for me, I want and need some rain. I have many acres that need to be watered. I have livestock (Llamas, Alpacas, miniature Goats, etc.) that need to have fresh vegetation to eat. Most of my old growth cedar trees are going brown, for the first time in their lives. And...I personally like rain. It keeps my freckles fresh.

Seriously, the long range forecast for the nation (and folks, this is serious) is that the far Northeast will experience heavier than normal snow...the Rockies region will also experience heavier than normal snow...and the Great Pacific Northwest will continue this dry spell for most of the Winter. That does not mean that we will not get any rain, but we should get much less rain than we are used to.

How does this affect you? The next time you go to the grocery store and have to pay more for apples, cherries, apricots, wine, etc., know that the lack of rain in the Great Pacific Northwest just cost you money.

And...it makes GeorgeS and I more grumpy. That should be reason enough to ask for more rain.